Deer Anatomy Chart (interactive)

Started by ~Jeff~, November 22, 2004, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Jeff~

idunno

12 gauge

Very nice jeff!

Thanks for sharing that!

Learning and understanding the anatomy of a animal that you hunt will help you calculate exactly where their vitals are. For this instance the vitals of this deer are right behind the front shoulder, perhaps maybe even in the shoulder, because depending on how the deer is standing the shoulder maybe in front of the heart, so you will have to penetrate the shoulder to get to the heart.

Here's a vital picture (below this post)

It shows you where to shoot in a broadside situation, now for a quartering away or quartering towards, you can check out my website (www.freewebs.com/number01hunter) and go under "Shot Placement" and that will show you different shots you can make with the different positions of deer, this will help you make a good clean kill no matter where the deer is standing (except in thickets or where you can't see him/her)

In my studies that i have taken on the whitetail deer, i have understood their reactions to some shots, how they would act after the shot, and i also learned how they act through my personal experience. The book "Hunting Whitetails Successfully" by Author Fears is a great book! It tells you almost everything about how to hunt whitetails, and what to learn about them. That's where i get all my information, from his books and from personal experience and experience from others.

Which is why i came to this board, so i can learn as much as i can from a whitetail deer while i am young, so that when i am older, i will become what they call a "Pro-Hunter" Now granted that isn't the only reason why i came here, i also came here to meet new friends (which i made tons! and i am happy ;) ) and also i came here for help, like what to do in certain times of the year, how to understand where the best spots to put a stand, and help on understanding firearms, hunting and much more!

I've been here for about a year, surely before the site went down..

So the longer you guys stay here (which i will always stay here!) The more you will learn and the more friends you will make!

So i wish you good luck on hunting and fishing, etc. and god bless to all! :D :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

BBALLHUNTRESS

hey!

that deer chart is pretty cool! i actually learned something....lol story...i was walking down my street with my lil bro and this guy had this full out gutted deer hangin from his front tree and the boy standing there was like ewww isn't that gross? and i was like um no? and he was like wow u r the first girl that doesn't think that a gutted deer is gross....lol well what can i say, im just good like that :)
Basketball tournament: $300:p
New outfit: $60:)
My new mustang convertible: $18000:eek:
Hunting with my dad: priceless:D

12 gauge

lol hey welcome back!

Where have ya been?

Anyway, that chart does teach you a lot about whitetails! Study whitetails as much as you can so that when you better understand their habits, interactions and ect. You will become more successful in hunting!

I wish yall good luck hunting and god bless :D

BBALLHUNTRESS

hey! well i have been VERY busy with basketball. my first game was tuesday and we killed Jeff. City. i really liked the chart...where did he find that?

12 gauge

I am not really sure, you can find all kinds of information on www.whitetails.com

They have tons of information..

That and my website has some...

Congrats on your win!

Good job and keep it up!

BTW, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D

BBALLHUNTRESS

thanx! ill look into that one and remember......STUFF YOUR FACE 2DAY:p

~Jeff~

I found it a couple years ago while doing some random searching online. It is on a personal website. If you know how to down load the file or can get help from someone that does you could save this incase the posters website goes down one day. It's a tiny file which would most likely fit on a floppy disk. It would be nice to share works like these. If you really study these charts well you could probably put a deer back together one day :-)

~Jeff~
idunno

147 Grain

Elk Anatomy Overview (Deer are Similar):  http://www.bowhunting.net/NAspecies/elk2.html

In looking at an elk's circulatory system and bone structure, there appears to be two good spots to shoot for:

1.  Heart and Lung area slightly behind the front leg / near the top of the shoulder.

2. Spine / Base of Neck Area.  Following the forward portion of the front leg 1/2 to 2/3'rds up to where the neck meets the spine. There are a lot of major support bones in this area that when broken, should anchor the animal very quickly.
* Shot Placement
* Bullet Construction / Weight Matched to Game
* Choice of Caliber

Nosler AccuBond

Tags: