The gf's gonna kill me....

Started by babbyc1000, December 13, 2006, 05:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbyc1000

hi all, im in it up to my ears again...

the weathers awful here today, very windy with a hevy drizzly rain. but the funny thing is its not keeping the birds away, i looked outside and there was about 80 crows hovering around the front field and over the garden! i thought now would be a good chance to use the "pest control" clause on my gun licence, so i lifted the shotung and opened the front door and started blasting when i was standing right there in the front hall! man that was fun! because of the wind any birds moving from my left to my right were almost hovering, and the no 6's i was using were making short work of them. but thats kinda the problem...

apart from ejected cartridges leaving dirty marks on her nice cream rug in the front hall theres also now about 5 large crows lying dead on the roof of the house! i only noticed when i had to go down to the gates to get a parcel from a delivery guy - not good! :eek:

im trying to think up excuses now, like mass heart attacks in the local avain population, etc, but i think my lucks running out, i near had it yesterday. her pet cat had to get an operation over the weekend and it was staying in the house, i was under strict instructions not to let it out. well i did, it looked bored, so i let it  out thinking i would get it back in before she came home from work. wrong. i got a text msg saying she was on her way home from work and would be here in 5 mins, and i was still running around the garden with a tin of cat food looking for the cat!! luckily its a bit ginger tom, and theres a ginger she cat that hangs around the house as well, so i grabbed it instead and put it under the xmas tree were the other one sleeps, hoping the gf wouldnt look at it too closely.... :D

guess what? i got away with it! the cat stayed under the tree (tho she did say it looked thinner...) and i was able to grab the real one last night when it appeared and made the switch when she wasnt looking! but i think im pretty much a dead man today... :(

anyone ever get in trouble with their wife/gf/partner for shooting when you shouldnt?!?!?
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Daryl (deceased)

Quoteanyone ever get in trouble with their wife/gf/partner for shooting when you shouldnt?!?!?

Nope. My wife if very understanding about such things. Last summer we had a pretty good garden growing, but every time a tomato got ripe, the rabbits would eat part of it just before it was ready to pick.

She told me, "I'm not for killing them just to kill them, but THEY'RE EATING MY GARDEN!!".

With that, my three airedales and I took action, and the rabbit population soon dwindled to nada. My dogs ate very well for a few days, and the problem was pretty well solved.

And hey, the rabbits weren't wasted; they were utilized as dog food. :)

As to your problem with the GF, may I start with:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

:D

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

babbyc1000

hmmmmmmmm would you like to swap??? ha ha!

well im praying now, trying to make it look like i havnt moved from in front of the tv all day, aint working!

Daryl (deceased)

Quotehmmmmmmmm would you like to swap??? ha ha!

babbyc,

Sorry amigo; my wife says she isn't into that sort of thing.

Maybe you should try the truth?  It seems to work pretty well for me.

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gunslingergirl

Babby,

Every time I read one of your posts I always laugh.

Only you would think of using an imposter cat for the real one. :)

As for the birds on the roof, I'm thinking you should get them off somehow.  Leaving them there until they rot just doesn't sound like a good idea.

There is also a simple solution for the next time you're seized with the urge to shoot from the front hall.  Move the rug!  That way there's no marks on it.

All I can say is your girlfriend must be a very patient woman.  :rolleyes:

GSG
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

well thats about the only good thing with having 10+ cats running around out here, plenty of spares!! have to admit tho im surprised it worked, as you will no doubt have noticed my cunning plans normally fail to come together. oh well..

now ive tried the truth before, i find it doesnt work too well, i still have the scars...

Gunslingergirl

They say the truth will set you free. I'm not saying you'll still have all your limbs attached, but that's an entirely different issue. :D

I have noticed your cunning plans do have a tendency to go awry.  Does make for some really entertaining posts though, so I guess there is a silver lining to everything. :)

Kristine
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

yes i suppose your right, at least theyre helping erode my sanity.... ;o)

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Great story, laughed quite a bit.
That was some quick thinking!  
Woulda done the same thing, worth the reprocussions.
Especially for us as your posts are a hoot to read.
Keep them coming, as long as there is no negative affects to your health or wellbeing!
God is Love!
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

Kit

if you wuz here you could say they ate the icemelt... on the other hand, they'd be hidden under the snow till it melted and then fall off in the rivers of melting snow, speaking of which have you tried the garden hose?

Although if you can't be honest with  your own S.O. or your attorney, you been shopping the wrong department....

Brithunter

Ahhh Well now Baldrick :D

I take it that you are related to Baldrick what with your "Cunning Plans" I seem to recall Baldrick's often went awry dropping hm in the deep Doo Doo :rolleyes: .

What I am about to say may appear totaly alien to you babby :p   but have you tried THINKING some of your actions through before jumping in with both feet.

Oh I do hope that your guns are locked up tight as your long suffering Girl friend might just use one on you in a fit of desperation ;) mind you it would be quicker than if she decided to use say a rolling pin to bash you skull in :p :D probably less painful too ;)
Go Get them Floyd!

Gunslingergirl

In Babby's defense, I'm betting we only hear about the plans that fail because they make better stories. :D  I'm guessing he probably does many lovely things for his girlfriend that we don't know about.  

I don't know, Babby.  Maybe you should have her join the forum and tell us what you're really like. :)

GSG
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

oh well i can be honest with most things, just not when i do things i know shes gonna kill me for!

no i came up with a great idea today - use my fishing rod! i was casting spinners onto the roof to catch the crows and haul them down, then id dump them into a ditch. well i got two of them, but now theres also four spinners stuck on the roof. think ill just get a ladder and climb up instead...

Brithunter

Aaah Haa,

Balderick strikes again :LOL

Babby are you sure your not related to Balderick? Sure sounds morre like it with every post.
Go Get them Floyd!

Gunslingergirl

Oh, dear, you're going up on a ladder?  And possibly up on a roof?

Be sure and let us know how everything turns out.

GSG
Albert Einstein

Tags: