"Winchester Shotshell Ammunition"

Started by buckshot roberts, October 02, 2006, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:confused: Anyone having anykind of problems out of the winchester universal shotshells, out of 50 rounds today shooting skeets I had 15 rounds, and that's a lot to give me trouble, I was using my super-x model 1 auto, and my O/U traditions field hunter, all the shell had swelled up, had the same problems back in the summer, and back in the fall out of one box, not many but enough to keep in mind, I've been using those brick of 4 box's from wal-mart for sometime now, now that i'm  having problems I'll put on hold getting anymore,

;) has anyone used any of the Federal Premium Wing-Shok High Velocity, read some good stuff on them, be looking to give them a try, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

rockinbbar

I bought some, then found the same swelling was messing up my 870...:( (extraction problems)
I got some Remington shotshells & the trouble stopped. :)

This was last year. You woukd think they would be "on" the trouble by now.
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

subsonic

Quote from: buckshot roberts:confused: I've been using those brick of 4 box's from wal-mart for sometime now,

I think you just answered your own question. Wal-Mart = bottom of the barrel in everything. If they can sell it cheaper, they'll buy junk or defective stuff, just as long as it's cheap. They won't pay what things actually cost to manufacture correctly.

When people won't buy the product anymore, they force the mfr to take it all back and issue credit OR refuse to pay.

Buying stuff from Wal-Mart just encourages them.....

buckshot roberts

;) Barry, ya would think:mad: I sent winchester an e-mail so we'll see, like I said had a few from last fall and this summer, when you put money in a trip to birdhunt you just don't want something like "BAD" ammo messsing it up, I always take two shotgun's, now I have 8 box's of 4 each of both Remington and Federal's.

;)Subsonic Never had any trouble out of this type ammo before last fall, I do go along with what your say'n. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

sakorick

I reload Winchester AA hulls and have for 30 years. There is nothing better. I run the hulls through the resizer and go from there. I bet I have 12 ga hulls that are 25 years old and been reloaded 15 times. I use the newer stuff for heavy field loads and the old stuff for Skeet. I would not fire a Walmart shell in any rifle or shorgun I own.....never. I shot NSSA competition skeet for many years and 99% of the skeet shooters I know shoot AA hulls. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

buckshot roberts

;) Rick I've always liked  using winchester game loads, and I  thank it's :mad: "Worng" for any company to sale "Factory Secounds" :D  I did get an e-mail from Winchester asking for a lot number, :confused: what makes them swell up like that, Ron

nrthrn_maine_hunter

I have used the winchesters quite a bit out of autos and o/u's without problems, but still prefer the federals, and I too bought them from wal-mart.  I agree w/ subsinic that most of wal-mart's stuff is junk, but for a cheap skeet shoot for fun, it does the job.  As for the federal wing shock, they are what I shoot when I go upland bird hunting and they work great, but so do a lot of the hunting loade, try a few different ones like win's super x and rem's pheasant, try to find the one that gives you the best pattern.  
God is Love!
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

Tags: