BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

JaDub

My shoulder hurts just looking at it.

Paul Hoskins

I despise Garand's in the first place. :cens:......Paul H

jaeger88

I guess eventually any savvy surviving quarry would learn to listen for the tell tale "ping", of an empty Garand, & then charge, or break cover & run like hell !.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

recoil junky

Uncle said they carried empty clips to ping away between their fingers. Confused the enemy . . . . . .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

jaeger88

That, RJ is something I didn't know, among an awful lot of other things.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

sakorick

The distinctive ping of the clip ejecting is one of those stories that is untruthful. A trained US soldier can and did reload a new clip in 2-3 seconds just about the time the soon to be dead opponent stood up to charge! I love the M1 Garand as they are extremely accurate, and easy to maintain I have never had one jam with proper ammo. Here is my latest "correct grade" H&R.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Anyone that suggests that the "ping" of the ejecting clip would alert your opponent to your "empty" rifle and thereby allow him to STAND UP ------- IN A FIREFIGHT -------- AND "CHARGE" ------- has NEVER been in a "THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL ME" situation.

Here's something else to consider:
Everyone in the whole platoon would have to empty their rifles at EXACTLY the same time, and be "empty" at the same time, and be reloading AT THE SAME TIME, for the intrepid, and FEARLESS, opponent to able to STAND, and RUN at the soldierS, and SOMEHOW - because they were STANDING, OUT IN THE OPEN - be able to shoot through whatever cover the Garand-shooter was hiding behind that couldn't be shot through when the "enemy" was shooting at him before the "ping".

The amount of BS that is spewed about military weapons and tactics never ceases to AMAZE me.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Hope you are depleting Ricks 06 ammo there...(if he lets you....)
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

JaDub

I too heard the `legend` of the empty clip was `story fodder`.  Hats off to the guys that were not afraid to call a spade a spade.
   Made for great conjecture tho.

Hunterbug

I love the Garand. It is high on my list of guns to own. I would even shoot one in 458.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: