Hi Point - Yup..

Started by gitano, June 24, 2017, 07:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Been saying this ever since I got one. This is certainly a "stress" test. Notice he didn't do ANYTHING with the other pistols. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZdUgBzh7Y

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I loved that stress test. It looks bad, feels bad but shoots like crazy!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

I have  one..............   awesome gun !!  Never misfires..........ever.  It`s a bit heavy,   but,   really soaks up the recoil.   I LIKE it,   plain and simple.  8-)

P.S. and it fits my hand nicely.

recoil junky

Too small for my gorilla mitts. I figured out that's why I can't shoot a 1911 . . . . . . . . . . . .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky;148167Too small for my gorilla mitts. I figured out that's why I can't shoot a 1911 . . . . . . . . . . . .

RJ
A HI Point is about twice the size of a 1911. Are you sure you didn't get a 'little' one in some sissy cartridge? I have one in 45 ACP and it's grip is probably 8" in circumference.

I'm with ya 100% JaDub!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

First thing I did was to buy a set of Houge grips for my Ruger  Blackhawk 357.  It now fits great. I really don`t like these guns with puny grips. The Hi Point is large to begin with and it just fits pretty darn good for a stock set-up.  That said, RJ,  you do have monster hands !  :laugh:
   The Hi Point might not be pretty in the ` purists` eyes  ( as some one would say " P-tooey" )  but I personally LIKE the gun and have no time for those would drown if it rained ( nose too high in the air ).

I`m more into function and not necessarily form.

gitano

QuoteI really don't like these guns with puny grips.
Amen. That's why I was surprised at RJ's comment about the HI Point being "small". I don't think I have a single pistol with grips as large as the HI Point.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: