Don is gone

Started by Alboy, February 08, 2016, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

For those who knew Don Rinks, I just received a call from a paramedic in Trinity that they found Don dead this morning. Ms Vinnie's dimensia is not helping and they are in search of his relatives. Any one know his sisters name? I will have to get home before I can read the letter he left me for this event.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Words fail me.

Don was a dear friend. He is among those people from THL that opened their home to me and my family. I am deeply saddened with this news.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I am sorry to hear about Don. He will be missed.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Well, what a bummer. Makes me feel like I cheated along the way somewhere. Seems I vaguely remember his father or close relative was a partner with one of the well known gunsmith/makers years ago. Possibly in Ackley's time. Does anyone know for sure? .....Hope the officials can locate relatives. ....Paul H

Jorge in Oz

So sorry Paul to hear about Don. He will be missed dearly by all of us here on the forum. Very sad.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Very sad day for all of us at THL.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Been sitting here somewhat dumbfounded thinking. Can't recall Don's sister. I think he had a relative, possibly an uncle, that was a gunsmith/maker. The names Charlie O'Neal & Don Hopkins keep popping up. I'm thinking one or the other was his uncle. Maybe this could give a lead on finding some of his relatives. .....Sad situation. It bothers me deeply. .....Paul H

JaDub

That is a shocker.  I just read about  his passing  and I just sat in a daze.   He was always a prince to me as well as being one of the `good guys` of THL.   He will be missed but not forgotten.
   I`ve lost three of my very best friends in the last four weeks.
    Life is too short...........  eat the desert first.

God Speed Don.

22hornet

Don was a top bloke. One of THL's gentlemen. It's a pity I never had the chance to meet Don in real life. I guess I can be happy that I knew him in the internet world.
I hope they can find his sister and that Don's wife is taken care of.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

recoil junky

Well sh:toilet:t.

:stare:

:cry:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

kombi1976

I'm very sad to hear of Don's is passing. He was a fount of knowledge in so many things shooting and a straight talker, something that is less and less common in these days of political correctness. We'll be praying for his friends and family.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

davidlt89

I just dont have words! I never met Don but he touched my life, I will miss him dearly! His family is in my prayers. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

branxhunter

I didn't know Don as well as many of you but he certainly seems to be a well worn part of the THL "furniture". A sad day.

I also learnt this morning that an older friend of mine here in the local town with whom I would catch up with and talk hunting, cooking and growing things passed away yesterday from a brain haemorrhage. I was thinking of him this morning as I drove to work and past his place; his favorite apples were Coxs Orange Pippens, and ours are just about ripe. I was going to give him a call and tell him to come on out.

Marcus

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: