New varmint in the back yard

Started by Paul Hoskins, November 21, 2015, 07:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

There has been seven does & fawns hanging around out back all summer. Recently a couple small bucks has been showing up but not coming back. Yesterday a major character showed up. Possibly the reason the lesser bucks don't come back. :Granny" came home as usual but seemed spooked for some reason & very agitated. She kept chasing the pesky boy baby away. I didn't see his little sister anywhere. When she got to the end of the garden & the food bowl, she didn't eat anything but spooked & ran to the back of the neighbors vollyball court & stopped. Her baby came on in & started eating. When I looked at the other end of the vollyball court there was a nice 8 pointer having a staring match with her. He finally came up in the yard & ate a couple apples & a bit of corn. He didn't stay long. Soon as he left, granny & both of her babies came back & ate. .....I'm going blind & can't see very good in low light but Muffin looked & told me they were out there. I've never killed a buck with a rack like this. His tines are long. Not many bucks around here like him. Maybe I should have killed him. If he comes back in good light again I have the Contender carbine ready. It's chambered for the 223 Rem. & I have lots of 60 gr. Nosler partitions loaded. :grin: I've killed several deer with this combination & it works real good. Should make a good bear setup over bait since most shots are less than 35 yards. It's a shame Nosler doesn't make 70 & 80 grain partitions in 22 caliber. .......Paul H

gitano

Nice buck! His neck looks like it's starting to swell a little.

The .223 should be excellent 'medicine'. Maybe we'll get to see pictures more pictures of this guy. BUT, don't do anything 'unwise' to get those pictures. If you know what I mean. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, the only "unwise" thing I might do is shoot him when that little runt next door or her daughter is home. She informed me Thursday evening that she would tell her daughter I was talking about shooting a deer in the back yard. They both love watching them. Both of them are terrorist when it comes to picking on me. I love e'm anyway. Glad they're on our side. ......Paul H

farmboy

Tags: