Remington Rifle Pictures

Started by gitano, November 29, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I started a thread that is just about pictures of Winchester rifles. This thread is about Remington rifle pictures. Any age. Any type, but not pistols or shotguns. Those can have their own threads.

Let's see pictures of your Remington rifles!

I have a few. Here's a start. (The bottom rifle is a Winchester, but I'm too lazy to edit the picture at the moment and there are more Remingtons in the picture than not.)

The top one is a Remington Model 660; the next a Remington Model 600. Both (and Winchester Model 88) in .308 Winchester.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

1917 Remington Enfield. 30-06AI

Sendero SFII, 300RUM

L-R, 700 Classic 7mm Rem. Mag. 700BDL 35 Whelen, 700CDL 300RUM, 788 in .223, 788 in .222

My "Varmint" Remingtons (some repeats) T-B 788 in .222, 788's in .223, 700SPS in .223 and a700VLS in .243

A Nylon 11 .22lr

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Here's one not likely to show up any time too soon. A 1903-A4 "Sniper" rifle with both versions of the 'scopes issued with it. Unfired I believe.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I have to wipe the drool off my computer. It's so nice!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

I have to wipe the drool off my computer. It's so nice!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

farmboy

my 700 vtr in 223 remington. The only Remington i own at the moment. This gun did not shoot worth a darn and i got tired of all the noise from the brake i cut it off and the group sizes dropped to less than a third of what they were.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

So, RJ........... When that coyote steps out behind the house.......... you run down stairs, enter the gun room and go..........eeenie meeenie minie moe, eh ?? Hope your ammo is well organized ! I assume Ozzie is your security guard??

And Paul......... nice 04! Mine was sporterized.......... but done nicely. I can only dream of it being returned to it`s origins.

Great thread.  I`ll try to add to it soon.

davidlt89

don't have any old ones like you guys, but I got a couple! Ironic because remingtons are my favorite rifle!!!

First up, my Remington XCR in 7mm mag!!! This is my rifle!! any other rifle I would sell in a heartbeat, I want this one in my coffin!

My other Remington is an XCR II in 375 H&H. I did not get the end of the barrel but this rifle features a muzzle brake made by our very own JoeBloggs!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

davidlt89

RJ, noticed the 700SPS in .223, how is that rifle? they have one just like that in the local store downtown scoped up for 623.00. How does it shoot? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

QuoteI want this one in my coffin!
:biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

These aren't "as issued", but they are Remington Model 700s.

The first is chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum, with a rosewood stock and curly maple grip-cap and forend.

The second is a Model 700 chambered in the wildcat 7x300 Weatherby with a myrtle stock with rosewood grip-cap and forend.

The third is a short-action Model 700 chambered in .17 Remington with a cherry stock and rosewood grip-cap and forend.

Sadly, when I was living in Juneau, I listened to some "experts" that assured me that my rifles would be 'ruined' by rust if I didn't parkerize them. So, as you see, the 7x300 and the .17 have been "uglied". I have threatened for years to remove the parkerizing and have them reblued, but I just have never had sufficient motivation to PAY what people want for bluing up here, and let some Alaskan "gunsmith" have my guns. They both shoot VERY well right now, and I do not want to risk the ham handed-ness of the "skilled" labor around here.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: davidlt89;135912RJ, noticed the 700SPS in .223, how is that rifle? they have one just like that in the local store downtown scoped up for 623.00. How does it shoot? God Bless.

When I do my part it'll shoot 1/4 MOA or less. The stock is cheesey, but I did some work to it and now it shoots!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: