RBHs Leather stuff

Started by RatherBHuntin, July 31, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatherBHuntin

Here you go David

Holster for the Taurus 40 S&W
Holster for the .45 which can go inside the belt with the straps I made that are removable, it snaps on my belt or take them off and you can run a belt through the slots
A single mag holster that started off as a double that I thought was overkill so I cut it in half and made a single mag holder for me and a buck knife case for my son. Luckily a Taurus PT100 mag and a Buck lockback are just about the same size.
One of the knife sheaths I made (it has several brothers that I gifted).
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

RatherBHuntin

A quiver

the other knives.  The bottom right sheath got replaced, I didn't like it.  The replacement is one of my favorites, but I dont have a picture as it is at my brother's.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

RatherBHuntin

The pictures dont do it justice but here it is. My first piece, a possibles bag for one of my brothers. The deer hide came from my first kill, a doe. The antler pieces from my first buck, a small spike.

I have made a few more things.  The book cover, a double speed loader pouch that matches one of the knife sheath's color which matches brother's revovler holster he already had, all on the same belt.  A cowboy vest for my son when he was about 6.  I also made him a pirate treasure map that same year, out of a piece of scrap deer leather that had buckshot holes through it.  That was a neat present for a 6 year old.  I distressed it, and drew a treasure map on it.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

gitano

And a knife for me which was lost in the Great Boating Accident. :( That knife, or its twin, is pictured above in the last picture of post #2.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

RatherBHuntin

The small caping knife went for a swim, unfortunately it is in great company.  I hated to hear about that boating disaster but not because of the knife, that cheap knife was the least of the items lost.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

recoil junky

Cool stuff RBH, I like the "possibles bag". Very "Dikc Summers"!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

Good lookin stuff Glenn!!! I have one more holster to make for a friend then I will attempt a sheath!!! What oz leather are you using for the sheaths? God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

It was 6-7 oz David.  9 oz would be ok as well, imo.  Some of the sheaths have three layers, works best but not the easiest way.  The center layer is just a spacer around the outside, a welt I think it is called.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

RatherBHuntin

another sheath I made, one of my favorite
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

gitano

Nice work, Glenn!

And great "tagging"!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Real cool stuff. I still like the Native American look the best.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: sakorick;134813Real cool stuff. I still like the Native American look the best.

Thanks Rick,

Paul, I tagged all the leather I could find, probably missed a lot of holsters that I would like to get tagged though.  We show them but dont neccesarily mention them
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

gitano

Thanks Glenn. There has been enough 'tagging' done now, that using the search engine and entering a tag to search for might be 'interesting'.

"Go forth and tag!"

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

My father has got all of us boys, to include himself, custom long bows for Christmas. A custom long bow needs a custom quiver, so I got to work. I am only half done, made dad's and my older brother's, still need to do little brother's and mine. They wanted side quivers so they got the same design, we wanted back quivers so I have to figure that one out and then ours will share the same design with inverted colors. I am probably done with the first two, but it is also possible that I will go back and add a pocket to the "frog" the quiver hangs from. The first one came out serviceable, the next much better. On the second I used a straight edge, punched holes in all pieces one layer at a time, and cut it down about 3/4" on the width. Still learning things, so each iteration gets better. The pictures aren't very good (lighting???) but the edges on these are beveled and burnished much better than anything I have done in the past. Wanted to try a fur lining, but didn't have anything suitable. I have a couple raccoon and a fox, but they are cured only, not tanned and I just didn't have time to tan them before Christmas, otherwise they would have been perfect.

Leather used was veg tan 8/9 ounce Oak leaf on the first dyed British Tan with Chocolate straps. The second is veg tan 6/7 ounce craftsman dyed Chocolate with British Tan accents.

Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Tags: