Yet Another Foundation Stone of THL Passes Jay Edward

Started by gitano, January 15, 2014, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

It is with the heaviest of heart that I report the passing of Joseph Edward Rocheleau, known here as "Jay Edward".

Joseph was a very dear friend.

After Gordon (Shadow Rider) and Sharon (Raven Beauty), the founders of THL, Joseph was probably the person most responsible for the "culture" of THL.

I cannot fully express my grief at this time. I will eulogize Joseph here at THL when I feel I can do it properly.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

I have been expecting this for several years.
RIP
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

rockinbbar

He was a rock-sturdy Icon for sure. I'll miss knowing that he is around.

There has been too much of this. You guys stop it, ya hear!?
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

sakorick

He's in a much better place, RIP Jay. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Vermonster

Alboy

Jay

I have been missing you for some time. See you in a few years old friend.

I can see you now hunting wapiti while camped in your tepee. Happy trails.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

RatherBHuntin

I think it was Jay on here that first got me to "just do it" and tan some hides and make things with them.  He was quick to offer encouragement too.  He has been missed and will continue to be missed.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

recoil junky

Sad to hear Jay went under. May he be an hour in Heaven before the devil knows he's dead.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

kombi1976

I am very sad to hear that. Jay was one of the most welcoming members when I first joined back in 2004 and he encouraged me in my mad Martini fantasies. My condolences to his family. He will always be remembered fondly here.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

davidlt89

Saddening news indeed!!!! I always hoped he come back to the forum someday!! I had a lot of respect for him, he was truly a "God fearing" man!!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Jorge in Oz

My condolences to Jay's family. Very sad to hear of his passing.

David, at least we know he is with our Lord and Saviour from what you have said.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

22hornet

I am really sorry to hear of Jay's passing. This is very sad news.
 I liked his posts, his "Cartridge Series" held information that most modern shooters would not have been aware of.

"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

buckshot roberts

I'm sadden to hear this,Jay welcomed me to THL years ago, you have and will be missed...........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

LvrLover

I have been infrequent here lately. Sad to hear this news. Condolences to the family.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Tags: