Muntjac

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), May 07, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Nice Muntjac doe...

Was around 30lb, did not get chance to weigh accurately, light was going and had to peel her quick. She was moulting like a moulting thing...hair everywhere!
She was not pregnant and not 'milky' either, no young at heel.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

OUTSTANDING!

What an incredibly 'delicate' thing!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rockinbbar

Great!
How do they taste?
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

gitano

Both Brithunter and j0e_bl0ggs claim that they are the best venison in the UK.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

SWEET! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

It is my preferred venison, nice tasting!
Like all wild meat 'nurse' it while cooking...
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Vermonster

Very nice!  Some tender eating right there, I bet!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Update on the 'meat' man it went quick, couple of colleagues relieved me of a fair portion.
Report was that they really enjoyed it!
I told them to cook it in a slow cooker and they came back for more...
Have to get out and drill a couple more!
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Consensus was 'better than Tesco's hoss steaks'
Turvey Stalking

gitano

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;126171Consensus was 'better than Tesco's hoss steaks'

:D:D:D:D:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteHave to get out and drill a couple more!
Did you really need a reason to go after some more??:) Go get'em!!!!;) God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Have left that patch for a couple weeks so others should be showing now!
Maybe get out tonight...

Depends on weather and wind, access is only one way from the west so I will only go when it is 'right'.
Turvey Stalking

Jorge in Oz

Nice deer, they are quite small but I'm sure they are tasty.

Nice get J.B.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

buckshot roberts

:chef: nice, what did you add with it in the slow cooker..........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Any veg that I have to hand, onion carrot celery peas etc etc, couple stock cubes  and some Worcestershire sauce... No hard and fast rules just cook it slowly!
Turvey Stalking

Tags: