took a youth out!

Started by davidlt89, September 05, 2012, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

sunday night I got the call from my friend who's son just started hunting this year. They have sat 4 times, but have yet to see a bear. this is strange as the bait is getting hit good. Anyway, he asked if I could take him out monday and I agreed to. we hit the blind at about 3:15! I unzipped the door, put one foot in the blind, looked down in the corner of the blind in the back (blind is 60"x60") and there was a skunk. Did not take long to get out!!!!!!!! Skunks seem to have it out for me this year. We finally got it to leave after about 10 minutes and then got set up!!!!
We sat for 3 hours and the lad fell asleep several times, used his i-pad, and looked bored out of his ghourd!!! At 6:30 I noticed a little bear to the right of the blind "sneaking" in. He came within 8 yards of the blind. I could have hit him with a pistol. I really freaked out and tried to get the boy set up with the gun and all ready!!!! it was like a circus, I was more nervous than him!!!!! long story short, the bear headed off right and we never saw him again. I think "I" made to much noise and he just left.
Hopefully we will get another chance!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

JaDub

In the fishing community we often refer to `getting the SKUNK out of the boat` but getting the skunk out of the blind is a new one !  8-)

Guess you didn`t have to worry about a cover scent, eh ??

Tags: