turn of events!

Started by davidlt89, August 13, 2012, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

As some of you know, I recently purchased a thompson center encore in 375 H&H. well, a friend of mine came over this weekend to collect some money I had for him and to look at his 35 whelen loads. We got to talking and he started asking a lot of question on the 375 H&H! apparently he liked what he heard and asked if I would be willing to sell him the rig. He also owns a few other thompsons, an encore in 45/70 and a prohunter in 25-06. I told him my price for the gun and scope and he was "tickled" to accept.
Now, while I was looking to buy the 375 H&H, I was tossed up between a few other rifles. the remington 700 XCR II was on the top of my list, but was just a few to many coins to throw together at the time. so before selling the gun, I checked with a friend of my friend who just happens to have an FFL and likes to do a few sales to keep his license and he said he could get the remington for the same amount I made off of the encore sale.
So today I ordered the rem 700 XCR II in 375 H&H and should be here wednesday, or thursday at the latest!!!!! I am a happy camper!!!! I will post some pictures when I get it. I already have on XCR chambered in 7mm mag and it is hands down my "favorite" rifle. Looking forward to getting this one!!!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

SUHWEET!!! I can't wait!!!
RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Very cool! Looking forward to pictures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

gun finally arrived today! I bought a Remington XCR 7mm mag back in 2006, the second year they were out! that one was the Rocky mountain elk federation edition so it came with a camo stock. I like the feel of the new XCR II's. They are not as "bulky", although I have no complaints of the first XCR I bought, it is a great rifle. About the only difference is the XCR II is more slendor, which makes it a little lighter, it has an adjustable trigger but is set for 3.5lbs out of the box, and the stainless steel is sprayed with a blue trinyte giving it the blue look, which is a great look. I also really like the green stock. Now I am back to saving for a scope, but it will be worth it;). Enjoy the picks!

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

:biggthumpup:

I'm quite sure you will be pleased with that rifle.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: