Sweeeeeet !!!

Started by klallen, July 22, 2011, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klallen

Successful

2011 ANTELOPE LICENSE (444-00)
SUCCESSFUL
District 444-00 was your 1st choice for the '2011 Antelope License' Drawing.

Alboy

Good deal there klallen, good luck. Now you have to pick the appropriate weapon; tough choice but you will make it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

klallen

Quote from: Alboy;114447Now you have to pick the appropriate weapon

indeed, alboy.  already been thinking through the various options while hoping i was successful.  i've got it narrowed down.

should be a busy antelope season.  just got word my father and brother were both successful in their draws, as well.

fun. fun.

talk to ya later.

k

22hornet

Congrats on the draw and good luck with the hunt.
What rifle and load combo are you going to be using?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

klallen

afternoon, 22.  thanks.  i've found few things that are as enjoyable as matching wits with pronghorn.  our rifle hunting season for them starts after the bow hunters have had a couple weeks to screw it all up so they're amped by the time we get to them.  it's fun.

Quote from: 22hornet;114461What rifle and load combo are you going to be using?

good question, my friend.  still working on that but from responding to alboy to now, i think i'd like to extend the ranges on this hunt a bit this year.  i need to bloody a newly customized 7mmrum and that'd be perfect for the task.  it's a heavier benchrest type platform that won't be any good for carrying, which is a potential problem where we hunt.  i settled on a very accurate load during development but i need to get some longer distance range time in to test the paper ballistic numbers with actual in field results.  i'd like to concentrate on that 600 - 800 yd. range with my preparation, but we'll see.    all depends on the time i can get in the field.  if i can't get myself properly prepared, i have some sporters that have worked in the past and will work again. albeit, at much closer ranges.  which is fun, too.  certainly not against stalking closer if it's necessary.

talk to ya later.

k

Brasco20

Sweet!  I didnt draw this year, but did the last 3 years, so im not too upset, didnt really expect it this year.  I was banking on a elk B, but once again, no luck.  The only thing i drew was a deer B for 340.  GoodLuck!

klallen

bummer about the tags you didn't get, brasco.  give it a run next year, i guess.

getting to be about that time to run up to our area and start glassing.  see what's running around.  have heard lots of reports about the antelope being hit hard this last year across the state.  curious to see what's out there.

k

Tags: