Any PCP/BigBore Airgun hunters here?

Started by Butcher45, December 29, 2008, 11:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butcher45

Curious who all hunts with the PCP, and bigbore airguns here, and what your quarry is.  

I myself have only one airgun at the moment: a souped-up .454 caliber SamYang 909.  I have taken a small wild boar, a corsican ram, and several smaller game  animals and varmints with it.  

Going to go be hunting predators hard starting on the first of the new year (that's when the Bigbore Airgun Coyote Contest starts), and Whitetail deer whee legal (in Missouri and ???) next fall.

gitano

No one here at THL has yet mentioned any big-game airgun hunting experience.

Please tell us about your experiences. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Mauserfan in TX

I'll second the notion. I have a Gamo Hunter in .177 that i use for squirrells and garden type pests. It is a hoot to use, but that is about it. I really enjoyed your post in the predator section.I look foreward to more of your stories.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Butcher45

I'll try to write a detailed summary this evening.  Here is a web-site to check out in the meantime.

Well, for some reason the word filter is blocking out part of the web-sites name.  I don't mean to skirt the word filter, as I'm sure it is mistaking the name of the site as being something indecent.  But I think that it is OK to type my way around it, as I'm sure I am not violating the spirit of the filter's purpose.  There is nothing in any way profane on this site.  

The site is www. h a r d c o r e b i g b o r e.com without the spaces (RockinBBar, I hope this is acceptable).

Daryl (deceased)

Butcher45,

That's acceptable; no problem at all.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Brasco20

I hunt with a gamo .17 air rifle, but ive never even heard about big bore air rifles.   sound cool     do they shoot large pellets or bullets?   How far do they shoot accurately?   Id like to hear about these things, they sound neat.

Brasco

gitano

Have a look at the websites posted in this thread. They'll give you a good idea about what's "out there". People actually hunt Africa with bigbore air rifles.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brasco20

Theres going to be a show about big bore airguns on sportsman channel, starting pretty soon i think, should be informative.

JimIsbell

Not yet, I am not.  But I am in the market to get one very soon and have begun action with a member of the Texas Legislature to get the ban on hunting with big bore airguns lifted.  The office of Todd Hunter is doing research on that law now and I am in communication with Todd weekly so I am hoping the Deer and Javelina will in the future be game that can be hunted with airguns.  We are looking at the MO hunting laws for a model.  If anyone has suggestions for other models, I would like to hear about them.:Banghead:

Tags: