Youth Day

Started by davidlt89, October 25, 2008, 05:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Well, today is youth day in our wonderful state and I have set a youth up in my bow spot. He is out there with his dad and cousin. His dad gives me free bear bait every year and I invited him to bring his boy up for the special occasion. He is also the one responsible for the bear I got this year. they have been up three years in a row and got a nice 138lb (dressed) doe two years ago. last year they seen a 4pt the first five minutes and that was it. they had to leave early for a church funtion. this summer the boy was hit by a truck on his four wheeler and was lucky to be alive. the doctor gave him the ok to shoot about two weeks ago and no one asked any questions. I am going to leave shortly with my two oldest boy and meet the my buddy (his uncle) and go bird hunting until about 3:00, then get ready for the deer to come out. my friends wife offered to baby sit my 10 month old and I will admit I am a little nervous, I am sure he will be fine, I worry about her!!!!! I am hoping that my two boys (3 and 5) get to see one hit the ground and experience what happens in the field after. I will go to the store to get choclate and a gallon of juice before we hit the woods. hopefully I will have some pics tommorrow. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

Those boys (I'm including the big ones too) are going to have a great time.  I hope they get to see some game as well.  I couldn't get out this weekend but hoping to next.  We've got a youth day in a few weeks, the weekend before regular gun season opens and I think I am going to miss it.  Not real happy about this, but only my younger son qualifies for it now so it's not that bad, he will get plenty of opportunities.  My daughter has a swim meet that entire weekend and it's been a few years since she has had any type of competition so I am looking forward to that as well.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

Well Glenn, just got the call from my buddy and they just put a doe on the ground. as soon as his wife gets here I am taking the two boys out to see it and then to the woods to try and get some birds.
I think the swim meet will be great, would pass up a youth day any day to wantch my kids do something like that. have fun!

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

That's pretty cool David!  We'll look forward to a report and photos!!! :)

davidlt89

well, as I stated before, this saturday was youth day. my best hunting buddies uncle brought his oldest son down to hunt my uncles land for the day. They got there at first light and sat in a blind in the back field that my friend had set up friday. we have two food plots there, one by my uncle's house (my bow spot), and one out back. I was advocating that they sit in the front and Justin was determined they take the back. Looks like they listened to Justin. Not much else to tell they, sat in the blind until 10:00 when this doe hit the food plot. Now the boy in the picture Devon was in a pretty bad accident earlier this year (got hit by a truck on his four wheeler) and was lucky to be alive, let alone out there hunting. it has been touch and go but the doctor gave him the ok two weeks ago too shoot. we figured we might have to give him a smaller gun but they took his rem 7600 30-06 out and it worked fine. the father did say that the boy was not sure if he wanted this deer, but it only took about 10 seconds for his mind to change and he layed one right behind the shoulder. The dad is a guide further north and said he has never seen so much blood come out of an animal. This is Devons third year coming up to hunt youth day and this is his second deer. The first one he got weighed 136lbs dressed and this one weighed 135lbs dressed. both father and son are real happy:biggthumpup: God bless.

Tags: