Get me up in the tree

Started by jimbo, June 14, 2008, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo

Thanks to all that give me the low down on tree stands, I am pretty sure it will work for me in some of my hunting areas. But could you let me know what is the best method used to get up the trees, (PS I am reasoably fit) If you would come back to me with a little story on how you climb the trees and set up your stand, It would be a great help, also a suggestion on what type of stands you use.( is Cabelas stores a good place to shop ?)

Many thanks
                         JIMBO from downunder

Alboy

yes on Cabellas

The rest of the answer depends on your desires.

the ladder up can be spikes, boards nailed to the tree or any metod of ladder you are safe on.

The perch has been as simple as a 2x6 accross two limbs or the bowl of a limb but can get right on up there in the tree houde variety.

Free standing

Tied to the tree

Climb the tree in the stand
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

Hello Jimbo!!!! First, Cabelas is an excellent place to shop, I get about 95% of my stuff from there. I have had great experiences with them so I rareley look anywhere else.
  I have found that the easiest stand to use is the ladder stand. Mine comes in four pieces all which you just put together. then you take it by the ladder and just put it against the tree, and strap her down. no climbing involved. they are also easy to store, just break them down and hang all the pieces. Where I live, we are not allowed to put anything into a tree (nails, footpegs, etc..), so the ladder stand makes much more sense. It is also hard to find trees where you can use a climber stand since we are covered heavely in spruce trees up here. Chances of finding a good hardwood where you want to put a stand are limited. Personally, I have been using ground blinds the last few years and enjoy them a lot better. tree stands are not that comfortable to me. I only use them for bear and that is because I am only going to be in them for a couple hours tops. Here is a link to cabelas and a good ladder stand. see what you think. God Bless.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20051&id=0040491417732a&navCount=1&podId=0040491&parentId=cat20051&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20051&hasJS=true
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: