Producing fruit

Started by davidlt89, May 29, 2008, 03:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

John 15:5
       5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

I was in my descipleship the group the other night and this verse popped up. I asked this question to the group, "what can we possibly do without God". A woman thought for a minute and said, "I can blow my nose." that kinda got me thinking, if you take the last part of the verse and take out nothing, you get, "apart from me you can do". Just from her reply we see that we "can do" alot of things without God, we can blow our nose, wash the car, watch tv, and the list goes on. But these things have no eternal value whatsoever. If we are going to accomplish what God wants us to accomplish we certainly need him, for apart from him, we really can't do anything.

Let us seek to live more simply on the fulness of Christ, and to grow more fruitful in every good word and work, so may our joy in Him and in his salvation be full. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: