Marbles 69W adjustable rear leaf.....any good?

Started by kombi1976, March 12, 2006, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

Since acquiring the Martini action my plans for it's final shape are beginning to fall into place.
My intention from the beginning was to have a scope mounted on QR rings with open sights for close in work, both to be able to utilise the longer range afforded by the 303 Imp chambering and for quick target acquisition at short distances.
I thought about express sights and then was dismayed by the price....until I found this:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=956630&chrSuperSKU=&MC=YJ
It has windage and elevation adjustment and folds down, all for the handsome price of US$15!!:eek:
Should look the part on a 1/4 rib too if I go down that path.
Has anyone here used one of these or other Marbles products before?
Are they any good?
What's the consensus on this application?
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Brithunter

Hi Kombi,

Now just what was it that scared you of the Express sights? I mean just how much are they???

I think I will have to call Ron and see how much a set of new unfitted Express sights are, I know that he has them as he fits them to his clients African rifles.
Go Get them Floyd!

kombi1976

Quote from: BrithunterHi Kombi,

Now just what was it that scared you of the Express sights? I mean just how much are they???

I think I will have to call Ron and see how much a set of new unfitted Express sights are, I know that he has them as he fits them to his clients African rifles.
It was the US$150 price tag.
May not seem much but on top of the scope mounts, rings and scope it's quite a bit.
Plus, they aren't adjustable like the Marbles, at least not as far as I'm aware.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: kombi1976It was the US$150 price tag.
 May not seem much but on top of the scope mounts, rings and scope it's quite a bit.
 Plus, they aren't adjustable like the Marbles, at least not as far as I'm aware.
[/size]

Go here:

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/default.aspx?categoryid=1

Prices are less than you expect.

Brithunter

Wow nice site Jay (pun intended) I won't bother Ron as I cannot see him matching those prices!
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: