Let Me Know What You Think of This...

Started by gitano, February 23, 2015, 10:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

QuoteYou will probably find that the pocket is off centre too. Might just have to live with that

To quote Killary Klinton "What difference does it make?"
[/SIZE]
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

22hornet

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;137729

To quote Killary Klinton "What difference does it make?"

Not much other than it is an example of poor workmanship and quality. It also makes it harder to de bur the inside of the cases.
I have PPU cases that are really cheap but they are also spot on in terms of quality. If I'm paying more,why can't I expect at least equal quality?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Paul, I took a look at Gunbroker, there are plenty of .22H, .32-20, .25-20 and .218  B cases ,most at .35c or so in larger lots,( 200-500 batches), some with free shipping.
I would prefer the cases based on the .32-20 as they are a bit larger and thicker than .22 H.
I have the RB #4 that I rechambered to .32-20, a nice little walking around gun.
No, contrary to what the "experts" on ASSRA all cried, I have not turned it into a grenade yet.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

22hornet

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;137733Poor workmanship and quality, how so?

Hmm, I don't really know if I am being unreasonable or not.... however when I open a bag of brass I don't expect to have small pieces of swarf falling from the bag or hanging from the inside of the cases from where the primer holes have been punched out. Or even have the hole look like it was punched out by a blind man with a blunt rusty nail.
 And not knowing too much about the tooling they employ to punch out the primer holes, but knowing full well that I can purchase other cartridge brass of the same brand that has the primer hole centred, punched clean and without the swarf.
 So I would say that is poor workmanship and quality.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Wouldn't be a surprise to see swarf in the bag. Did you take a picture of this rusty nail hole?
It would not be a stretch to imagine the tooling being close to 'end of life' and it being swapped out after QC. Bugger all to do with poor workmanship and quality - tooling does wear out you know. What you probably have is the last acceptable product from that particular tool set IMHO.
I doubt that they would employ anyone let alone a blind man to punch the flash holes...
Turvey Stalking

22hornet

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;137736I doubt that they would employ anyone let alone a blind man to punch the flash holes...

Yeah, probably not champ, probably not...

gitano

If I understood 22hornet correctly, what he was saying that the PPU brass was both inexpensive AND of better quality than the "expensive" stuff.

QuoteI have PPU cases that are really cheap but they are also spot on in terms of quality.
Which I read as "Inexpensive and good quality"

QuoteIf I'm paying more,why can't I expect at least equal quality?
Which I read as "expensive (relative to PPU) AND poor quality".

I find that neither difficult to believe nor incongruous statements.

paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: