22 Hornet

Started by sakorick, May 21, 2014, 02:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I have been looking for a Sako 22 Hornet for a long time. They are rare as hen's teeth because nobody wanted to pay $300 dollars for one. The P72 which came out in 1972 was the brainstorm of Garcia Corp who imported Sakos from 1972 until 1978. They were chambered in .22 LR and .22 Hornet. The P72 was replaced by the P75 which was only offered in .22 Hornet. In 1978, Stoeger took over and the rifle was re designated the M78 which lasted 4 years and was again chambered in .22 LR and .22 Hornet. Each model is essentially the same gun, however, the M75 has a slightly redesigned more streamlined magazine.

A collector of rare Sakos in Texas had decided to thin his herd and I found out about him through the Sako Club. He had a P75 Hornet in excellent condition.....it's on the way to me now! I have seen these sell for over $1500 on GB and I grabbed this on for a cool Grand delivered. I post some more pictures when I get her but no range report as I can't find any 22 Hornet brass:no: Here is the gun, I purchased it without the scope and mounts. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Nice piece as usual, Rick!

I think I have some Hornet brass. If I do, I'll bring some when I come.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;132477Nice piece as usual, Rick!

I think I have some Hornet brass. If I do, I'll bring some when I come.

Paul

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

nice looking gun!!! there is some 22 hornet brass on gunbroker! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: