here we go again!

Started by Hunterbug, August 31, 2007, 07:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Monday I was sitting at a red light after dropping my oldest off at school and someone who was paying attention to something other than their driving rear ended me. It didn't seem very hard but it did bend the back bumper. So I took it to a body shop for an estimate, $2,200. :eek: I could just ignore it and keep the cash but I like my 4Runner and want to keep it looking nice. I'm still waiting for the other guys insurance company to authorize repares. I think that they're still trying to figure out how to make it my fault for being stopped at a red light when their client wanted to go.:Banghead:
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

You mean your 4Runner isn't as tough as the Toyotas on tv???
And no picture?

I suppose it's like my Expedition. I'd fix it if somebody hit it to. I've still got full coverage  on it. I almost had to use it again when a deer ran out in front of me on the way to work this morning. HARD on the brakes and I swerved at the end or I would have hit him. Stupid deer.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

There really isn't alot to take pictures of. It just bent that back bumper a bit and they'll replace the reciever hitch. Like I said I'm still waiting on his insurance company. I called them today and they said it'll be next week. I have full coverage and I'm tempted to just go through my insurance and let them deal with his company.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

Been there done that. Had a guy hit the wife in Bronco #1 and total it. He had some obscure brand of auto insurance and short of getting a lawyer, it was like beating blood ot of a turnip. I even asked our insurance (State Farm) if they would cover it and then they could go after the other guy. It would have ended up costing us money we didn't have at the time so after many threats and much shouting over the phone we got a check about 3 weeks later.  The other driver also failed to report the accident to his insurance company for about a week and we had to sick the law on him to do so.

The last time we were in this situation (about 3 months ago) when a lady backed down the left side of the wife's car, the other driver had State Farm Insurance and it was much easier to deal with. 3 weeks later we had the car back from the bodyshop good as new.

Good luck with your endevour, HB

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

Well HB, I had the same thing happen to me Friday evening on the way back from my bear hunt in Maine. I pulled off I-90 near Erie, Pa. to get gas and was sitting at a red light waiting to make a left turn into a gas station and a nice elderly lady rear ended me. Far as I can tell, all I need is a new bumper and windshield for the Nissan Frontier. The windshield cracked when she hit me. The bumper is pushed up against the tailgate but the tailgate appears to be undamaged. The lady said she was blinded by the sun and I would have to agree with her. We exchanged insurance information and went our separate ways. Police wouldn't come to the accident unless there was personal injury. Monday I'll call my agent and go get an estimate from my grease monkey. I really felt sorry for the lady. Said she was only three miles from home.............Paul H

motor (deceased)

running red lights here where i live is so bad they have put cameras at the worst intersections and they will send you a ticket..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Daryl (deceased)

A gal almost hit my wife and I on our way home just now.

STUPID woman was in the outside turning lane, in first postion to go.  I was on the inside turning lane, also in first postion at the light.

Light turned green, and half way around the turn she decided to take the inside lane instead of the outside.  I hit the brakes, and laid on the horn, and she finally, sloooowly, returned to her lane.

It was a really close miss, but she seemed indifferent.  I didn't look at the plate, but thinking back I'd be surprised if it wasn't a mexico plate.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: