From The Arctic

Started by Inukshuk, August 20, 2007, 06:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inukshuk

Hi all
Just joined and am anxious to get to know this new site. I'm from Northern Quebec on the eastern Hudson Bay coast 58.5th parallel "Inukjuak" Have been here since 1990. In the summer it's light out till midnight and dark in the winter at 3:00 pm. No trees only tundra. We hunt here for caribou, fox, hair, ptarmigan, seal, whale, polar bear, duck, geese, etc... and lots of fishing for cod, arctic char, samon, white fish, speckled trout, lake trout...
I'm an outdoors maniac
Love long range precision shooting, Extreme off-road Jeeping, atving, snowmobiling, canoeing, mountain biking, photography, expeditions, dog teaming, well anything I can do.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/Inukshuk94/
To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before
Live Long And Prosper

M. R. Byrd

Welcome to THL. This is a friendly and helpful bunch of guys and gals. I took a look at your albums on Photo Bucket and they are very good. What camera are you shooting? I currently have a cheap Nikon Cool Pix that I have worn out. I am looking at a Nikon D80 or a Canon 30D.

I am an old Kansas farm boy. I operate a domestic and international business and run the small family farm/ranch. This area receives about 18 inches of precipiation annually. I have pheasant, bob white quail, lesser prairie chicken, mule deer and whitetail deer. I also stray into Western Colorado for elk.

I am sure you have lots of interesting stories from your part of the world, that we would all love to hear.

Good to have you.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City, Kansas
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

davidlt89

Welcome. looked at the photoalbum also. Nice looking family!! Also looks like a hunters paradise. Have you ever taken a polar bear,  I seen it on your list of game? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Inukshuk

Thanks for the welcome guys. Camera wise I had a Nikon D100 for 1.5 years and 2 months ago I got a Nikon D200 with a lot of good lens from f1.4, 2.8 etc.
http://www.nikoncafe.com/
http://www.nikonians.org/
You can see what kind of camera and settings I was using for the pictures there. Just enlarge them and bottom left you can request it.
I haven't yet got a polar bear but came close. A couple years back one came into town below my bedroom window at 6:00 am and I got a call to let me know but I thought he was pulling my leg. But it was true and another guy that I know got it. Oh well :(
I'm also a member of:
Snipers Hide
Snipers Paradise
Long Range Hunting
Canadiangunnutz
The more the merrier
To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before
Live Long And Prosper

recoil junky

Cool country Inukshuk. Your snomobiling area looks to be a bit flatter than mine

Plus it's alot closer to sealevel

Welcome to the camp

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

motor (deceased)

Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: