Started by Rohann, November 29, 2004, 02:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohann

Hello everyone,
I am not sure if this is a place to post this, but I once again cannot get myself an avatar. Help is appreciated.

-Rohann

Jay Edward (deceased)

Howdy Rohann...welcome back.  What can I do for you?

12 gauge

Well, post a picture of the avatar ya want and Jay here will take care of it for ya!

Good luck and god bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

arcticwolfhart

I have a pic I would like to use as an Avatar too if someone could help me out with it?  Thanks

Rohann

Hey Jay,
Yeah it would be great if you could get me the one I had previously; the one with the soldier. Thanks a bunch!

-Rohann

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: arcticwolfhartI have a pic I would like to use as an Avatar too if someone could help me out with it? Thanks
[/color][/size]

Send me your email address in a PM and we'll work it out arcticwolfhart.

Rohann...I'll see what I can fudge up.

Kit

Jay -- Can you put this one (avatar) on for me? I can edit myself if dimensions aren't ok yet. This little fella (?) was sittin' outside my son's bedroom window.

thanks
  ~Kit

Jay Edward (deceased)

We aim to please. :D

Rohann

Thanks a bunch Jay!

-Rohann

Jay Edward (deceased)

Kit

& muchas gracias ~ME

~Jeff~

QuoteFAQ's
The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

Kit,
   According to the FAQ's this feature can be turned on or off for common forum users by a administrator.  It appears we are locked out by default, or there is a keeper of the keys which ever it may be the results are the same. But as you say a notice of such would help.

I have avatars in many other forums I post in. I often find I must load and reload different images to see what works best in the different formatting the particular forum is using. Back ground colors with some really make a difference. and it's just hard to tell without trying it first. I just let it all pass here, every forum has them methods and rules as well as the crowd they prefer to attract. It's sure not like some I visit where the old mighty webmasters are on power trips keeping their little web-lings in their place....
idunno

~Jeff~

Well talk about incompetent posters, I not only stuck this post in the wrong thread, but I have addressed it to the wrong person. Sorry Kit if I have left you scratchin' head tryin to figure what this was about, it was in response to "Numberfarmer"  in the "avatar information"  thread.

But I now see that somebody here lubb's me.
My custom built holiday avatar has magically appeared. Had I uploaded it here as my profile photo? Or did some special person go and chase me to another forum and snatch it and bring it back here for me?

It's better not to know, the little mysteries in life keep it more special.

They suggest an avatar should reflect one's personality or represent their interest's to some effect. I always have trouble with this...which is plain to see... As it shows in my posts, I entertain a wide variety of interests that take me to regions wide spread. So I have never been able to decide as to just what I should use to represent my interests. I suppose my current choice of avatar more so represents my personality. I get online and surf the internet foremost as entertainment, but also I have found my online time to be truly educational. Those that boast of the great outdoor writers of books and magazines that are marketed for profit, hopefully realize the text contained in the threads of  these online forums reflecting of real-time experiences of the typical men and women whom posts them...Out weigh those of most all commercial writers and journalist. The posters in these threads are most often non-bias and told of their personal experiences.  These posters have no concern of making their stories marketable or their opinions satisfying for the outfitter that has given them yet another "free trip" in exchange for a good write-up and needless to mention the reviews of those whom have received collections of firearms from manufactures again in exchange of a positive review.....with these thoughts in mind one should see our own shared words are not only priceless in quality but they are also free.
I'd better quit here seeing I have again drifted off topic...Oh yeah and my avatar for this holiday season.. I guess it just shows I am just another pencil-necked geek sitting here spinnin' my yarn.

~Jeff~
idunno

Kit

well I enjoyed  reading it anyway.  But at first I was wondering if *I* posted something in the wrong thread. lol

But this last post of yours have me thinking how to tell a miniscule tale on someone.

Tags: