May I Introduce myself?

Started by Newburnt, May 25, 2007, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newburnt

I just found this site and signed up.   I live in the island province of Newfoundland (now called  the province of "Newfoundland and Labrador", Canada.  I've been a big game hunter for more than 40 years.  We don't have deer in these parts of the country. However, we have plenty of moose, caribou and black bear.  Last fall, I hunted whitetail deer, for the first time, in Northern Alberta, and bagged my first "buck".  My wife, however, bagged a much larger animal than I did.  She's got a lot of "miles out of that" and needless to say our friends like her story.

M. R. Byrd

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us. You will find this to be a friendly and helpful bunch. I bet you have a few stories of those animals you chase there. As for myself, I always seem to have a few stories about the game I chase here at the ranch in Kansas. I have pheasant, quail, lesser prairie chicken, mule deer and whitetail deer. I might add, as of today, I can add elk, since I saw my first elk in this area; two bulls in velvet.

Glad to have you and God Bless,
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City, Kansas
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Why yes you may introduce yourself!  Good to have you.  As Maynard said, this a very good and friendly site with knowledgable people very willong to share and learn.  
My fiance is from Nova Scotia and I am from Northern Maine, so we are not TOO far from one another.  
Would love to make it up your way at some point for some Caribou, its a hunt my father and I have been planning every year and something always comes up to ruin it.
Anyway, enjoy the site and welcome to THL.
God is Love!
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

tn.varmit

welcome to the site. find yourself a spot beside the fire,pour yourself a cup of coffee and set and yarn awhile. Being from tennessee I hunt white tail deer, and occasionally wild boar. I haven`t hunted them but we also have black bear and have introduced elk. I also hunt small game like treerats,rabbit, yotes, coon, turkey, duck,and other critters.Like to do just bout any kind of fishin also. :antlers:

motor (deceased)

Just an ole sinner saved by grace

queen of the woods

Here's a great big hidee from Louisiana.  :biggthumpup:
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

Tags: