Little Tequila in the making.

Started by m gardner, May 23, 2007, 05:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m gardner

I went for a hike last week in a wilderness area. On a ridge we found alot of Agave plants and someone had cut them off and dished them out. It seems that the liquid that collects there is used to make liquor. Someone went to alot of trouble to collect it. God bless.
Mark

bowhunter 51

Interesting stuff, Mark.....I make different kinds of wines, once in a while..
Got a 5 gallon, old timey glass water bottle ( the kind ya turn upside down
in the dispenser) musqadine and dew berry is what I like best....I'll mix
alittle brandy in there with it to give it alittle kick sometimes............BH51:yes:
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

drinksgin (deceased)

Real tequila is made from maguey, the sap is fermented in the stump, this is called pulque, and is a mild drink, about like beer.
The pulque is distilled to make tequila.
The preferred variety of maguey is the blue maguey.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Gmoney

Don, I bet you know how to make gin, no?  :)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

drinksgin (deceased)

Yes!
40% ethyl alcohol, 60% distilled water and the extract of juniper berries.
Amazing what stray info a 67 year old who reads just about everything, including cereal boxes and the contents on can labels can come up with.

If you like vienna sausage or chorizo, I recommend you do NOT read the ingredients list on the label, just enjoy your pleasure and ignorance.
;D

RatherBHuntin

I asked a Mexican guy I worked with what was in chorizo, he wouldn't tell me.  Fine by me, as I like it.  Probably like it even if I knew, I'm not exactly a picky eater.  I am concerned with whats in my tequila, as I am a picky drinker.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

drinksgin (deceased)

Glenn;
You will be fine if you stay away from "Marka Guisano" and "Dos Guisanos"
Tequila and Mescal, those are the brands that have 1 or more maguey worms in the bottle, I believe it is actually a larva of the big moth that pollinates the blooms of the maguey plant, also called century plant.
A bloom, with a gray fox for scale.

Gmoney

That is a cool picture for sure....
Saw quite a few of those this year in the back of the truck for some reason...;)...

Yup, have read the Vienna sausage can and still eat the stuff...
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Paul Hoskins

If it ain't Calvert Extra or corn squeezins, it ain't fit to drink in my book and a lot of the squeezins ain't fit to drink..........Paul H

Tags: