Range

Started by drinksgin (deceased), April 29, 2007, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

I may no longer have to drive 35 miles round trip to shoot at 50 yds or less.
Have checked it out, I can shoot on my place, now that I bought the .9 acres next to my 2.5 acres, I now have a good layout for a 100 yd range, back stop will be 25 ' from my loading shop.
No legal problems, no title restrictions and so far no neighbor problems.
I plan to keep the shooting to 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, so almost everyone should be at work.
This will be nice!
:biggthumpup:
And to all you town bound shooters,:greentongue::)
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

QuoteThis will be nice!
Yes it will!

Did you get the land toward the dam or toward the other end of the lake?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

The 90' wide piece toward the dam, really not very desirable for residential use as there is a 25' power line R.O.W. down the center of the piece, but it is great as a buffer and living space for the birds and furry varmits I encourage here.
;D

Hunterbug

Nice! That will make life easier.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Alboy

Congrats and a:greentongue:  to you too.:smiley:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

RatherBHuntin

I just let my range membership lapse....for $300 a year I decided they could keep it.  What that means is that I will probably have to drive about 45-60 minutes one way to use a 100 meter range.  I had it too good in Texas and am being made to pay for it now.

I am envious of you Don.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Paul Hoskins

On my little one acre tract, I shoot the 50 yard stuff from the back porch. The neighbors can move if they want to. For anything else the game department built us a four station 100 yard range four miles from me with four shooting stations complete with overhead cover. Other than that there is several farms in the neighborhood where I can shoot out to 400 yards or more.........Paul H

drinksgin (deceased)

Talked to the adjacent neighbor today, he not only has no problems with it, but wants to use it to practice for his CCW requalification!
:D

Alboy

Now that is a good neighbor. Plus - Plus
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

babbyc1000

that sounds great, glad to hear you got sorted. its great being able to shoot on a whim; so just to make you all jealous....

i shoot on approx 50 acres of land that surrounds our house; its kinda in the middle of a small valley so theres natural backstops on 2 opposite sides. all i have to do is step out of the front door and take my pick of which firing point to go to - the one 10 yards away, or the one 50 yards away, maybe the one thats 70 yards away, or, if im feeling really energetic and up for a good walk, the one thats 200 yards away from the house -sometimes it even takes me 5 minutes to walk that far! hee hee!! :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Tags: