Reloading Data for 8.59 titan

Started by utseabeescw, April 22, 2007, 06:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utseabeescw

I just had a Lazzeroni 8.59 titan built. I have found very little reloading data on this cartridge other than what Lazzeroni post. Does anyone have any data for this round? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

gitano

Welcome SeaBee.

I haven't seen talk of a Titan here at THL, but there are a couple of folks that play around in the Lazeroni realm. You may have to wait a bit to get a more helpful reply. When you do get info, and especially after you've shot some of your reloads, be sure to let us know how it went.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

utseabeescw

Paul Hoskins

Sea Bee,.welcome to THL. I checked Cartridges of the World and even there they have no loading info. The only thing said is, "RL-25 will produce superior velocity but accuracy has so far been dismal. RL-19 is the preferred powder for this cartridge".............Sorry I can't be of more help..........Paul H

utseabeescw

Thank You. I noticed that in Cartridges of the World and just figured it was because I have an old copy. So far the only information that I have found is from Lazzeroni. They list RL 19, RL25, and IMR 7828. I use RL 19 and IMR 7828 in many of my reloads. I'll give them a try and see what happens. It does suprise me that RL 19 would be the best powder, I would have guessed something slower. Thanks again

50cal

I have a 8.59 titan, its a sako trg with a 27" match barrel.   I use a moly coated 210gr Swift Scirrocco, 111gr of RL25, 215Fed Match Primer.  The overal length of the round is 3.735".  It pushes the swift out at 3630fps and touches bullets at 100yds.  Kinda hard on brass 4 reloads ish.  I bought some 300gr MK, and going to try them out this summer.

RatherBHuntin

a 210gr bullet at 3630fps is amazing.  What do you figure your max range is?  BTW, Welcome to the forum.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

utseabeescw

Thank You. I'll give that powder and bullet combo a try. I am still breaking in my new rifle. So far, I have found one load that works really well. It is 99 grains of Reloader 19, 215 grain sierra game king, and Fed 215 match primer. I am got a 1 1/2" group at 200 yards the very first time I tried that load. I only have 25 rounds through the rifle right now, so it should get better as it gets broken in. I do want to try some heavier bullets and see how it does. My rifle has a Sako action, krieger barrel, McMillan stock and a Leupold MK4 scope. Should be a good elk rifle.

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

50cal

no idea, just did some gong shooting at 550yds. going to try the 300gr MK for the long shooting.  Got some horus software comming, a kestrel weather meter, and havent decided on a rangefinder yet, either a Leica Geovid bino, or a Vectronix rangefinder.  Then will go for distance.

50cal

dont no, did some gong shooting at 550yds.  Going to try the longer shooting whith the 300gr MK.  I ordered some horus software, got a kestrel weather meter, and going to buy either a Leica Geovid binos, or a Vectronix rangefinder.  Hopefully no excusses this hunting season LOL.

Tags: