happy Saturday!

Started by nrthrn_maine_hunter, March 31, 2007, 04:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Hello and Happy Saturday to all here at THL.  
Just a little update, injured my knee playing basketball on THursday and I think I am in denial about the severity of the injury.
Freak'n freezing here this morning, 59* at work, 19* outside, and Tomorrow is April.  Something's not right there.
Anyway hope you all have a good weekend and God Bless.
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

m gardner

Good morning. It's 50 here in Mesa Az. and will go to 80 or so. Sunny as always. I'm going to thre White Tanks today and camp overnight. I want to look the area over for bowhunting this year. They let you hunt a month and a half during the rut there, but the deer density is low. Should be fun. God bless.
Mark

bowhunter 51

Camping out and scouting to bowhunt....Cool, Mark!...Opening day
of Turkey here in Tennessee...Severe thunderstorms with winds
gusting to 30 mph...fiqures....Oh well....Hope ya'll have a better one..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

KT29

Not quite spring out this way yet.  Just finished snowblowing the driveway for, I hope the last time this Year.  Going to spent the rest of the day spring cleaning the shop.  Best to you all.  KT:)

Jay Edward (deceased)

A little rain here today in the Valley of the Clark's Fork.  In a way it was OK since we had to put the young hunters through the Field Day.  Most of you know that a little overcast, a little rain, a little chill in the air and you've about duplicated most of the Hunting Season.  So... it was good for them.

I am the Range Officer and take them through the 'live fire' part of the Course.  They all did fine... but were under the impression it made a difference in how they shot.  Not so!  I am interested in how they handled the firearm and if they did it Safely.  Most of them shot very well and could easily take a game animal at 50 yards.

Interestingly enough, we had to haze some Bighorn Sheep off the Range.  They are not afraid of the noise and can be pests.  It is amazing how some game animals matriculate with humans.

Wellllll... 2 more Bowhunting programs to speak at... one here in town and one up the river.  I'm through then until late summer.  But now it's time to think about my late Saturday afternoon nap.  
:sleeping:

Alboy

Ah well all in all a pretty good day.

Loaded 20 rounds for the 06 with 150 gr SP over 4895. My old notes show this a MOA load in my 721 Remington.

Then knocked out 50 rounds of 44 Spl with 240 gr SWC over some Bullseye. that went so quickly I opted to load another 50 38 Spl for my daughter. That pretty well raqn me out on the energy and want to for one day. Have got to get that progressive set up for pistol, same amount of time on my rock chucker would have been probably 250-300 rounds on the Lee if I had it set up.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Gunslingergirl

Justin,

What turned out to be wrong with the knee?  I hope it was nothing serious.

GSG
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

nrthrn_maine_hunter

GSG,
I had a good friend of mine, (who is basically the smartest person I know when it comes to the human body and the only person I trust to examine me) and after checking it over we both agree it is a tear in my meniscus, which isn't exactly good news.  I am waiting a couple more days before I look into an MRI.  Hopefully it is not a tear, but feels like one.
THanks for the concern GSG.
God is Love!
Justin

Gunslingergirl

That doesn't sound good and sounds like something that would require surgery.  

I hope all turns out better than you expect.

GSG
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

davidlt89

Justin,
  how is it doing now, swelling gone down any? Have good ROM or is it stuck? Yes, I agree on Josh, only thing is that he buys weatherby's. how can someone that smart do such a thing? later.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

nrthrn_maine_hunter

LOL, well Dave that is the question isn't it.
Yes the swelling is down, and the Range of Motion is good except that hyperextension is very painful and flexion is slightly limited when compared bilaterally.  Coming alog though.

GSG,
Surgery is definately an option, but not required, depends on how stability is and wether or not it locks or pops when I walk or do other things.  I think surgery may be the smartest bet though.
Thanks for the concern guys.
Justin

Tags: