Thursday Morning Ruminations

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), March 07, 2007, 08:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

The picture attached is in Colorado.  For those who prefer to hunt in the mountains, it is a promise of adventures to come.  

Perhaps, just perhaps, there is an Elk herd with several good bulls moving up through those drainages in the background... and perhaps you'll be able to walk that territory this coming season.

Your favorite rifle, a daypack , a few extra rounds of ammunition, two good knives (in case you need to bone it out), a saw, plenty of water, your tags and a look of grim determination that will change to a satisfied expression.

Who knows?  Maybe you'll have a new rifle... maybe even a custom rifle... chambered in... what?... something with the authority to take out a herd bull.

Spring and promises.  Your dreams might just be up in those drainages.

Alboy

oH YEA

This October and Washington state I hope. Though I have not talked to the fella that lives there in a while. Totin my trusty 54 and wheezing up and down the slopes
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Jay Edward (deceased)

He's waitin' for ya Alboy... he's waitin' for ya.

Alboy

OOH OOH

That is better than the other picture I have. Thanks. Now I have two of them on the wall to practice sighting on.

Think of all the powder measures and buttons and gun racks and stuff to be made from that.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;58798Think of all the powder measures and buttons and gun racks and stuff to be made from that.

Absolutely!  And the rosettes can be made into belt buckles... or the base can be used for forend tips... and the knife handles (not to mention the cleaning rod handles)... and the, well, it goes on and on.

The 'teeth or ivories' are great for decorating a pouch... there is enough hide to make a complete set of pants (with no seams across the knees)... and the meat warrants that BIG chest freezer you've been thinkin' about.

Dreams and drainages... a good traditional muzzle loader and a hunting story your family will tell over and over again with the faded pictures you've put in the album.

Alboy

Ah yes

there will be dreams for months to come just planning it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

M. R. Byrd

Jay,
Now that is one beautiful animal. It would sure look nice hanging on my wall as a reminder of a fabulous hunt.

Since you guys like to make things------here is a picture of my buddy's truck last weekend.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Brithunter

Wow now that is a good beastie indeed :eek: .Actually think it could induce a heart attack :shy: .

Hmmm strange thing but I have never seen any shed anters here. They must be out there but have never seen any nor heard of folks collecting them for other uses. Wonder what happens to them all? here in the UK that is :Banghead: .
Go Get them Floyd!

nrthrn_maine_hunter

I have never hunted elk, but the picture of that beautiful land and that huge bull definately has me dreamin...Oh, some day!
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

m gardner

Thanks for the pictures. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to camp in the Kaibab near the Kachinas. I'll remember to take plenty of pictures. God bles.
Mark

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: