Buehler Mount and rings

Started by rabbitrunner, February 08, 2007, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbitrunner

I have aquired a rifle that has a scope mounted on a Buehler mount and rings. Don"t know anything about the brand, other than it looks complicated. It has some sort of adjusting knobs on the mount. It's a strange looking device. Don't know whether it's treasure, or junk. Help and info appreciated.
Thanks
Scott

babbyc1000

heard of them once before funnily enough, i think weatherby rifles used them for years. if i remember, the conversation went something like "theyre good but need a gunsmith to install them properly and set them up", the guy i was talking to had been a gun dealer for years so he knew what he was on about. think it was because theyre so complicated.

sorry amigo, best i can do on them!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

sakorick

Hello Rabbit. Beuhler mounts and rings were the "go to" rifle parts in the late 50's/early 60's. Their construction, workmanship and appearance are second to none. You will figure them out. I never installed their rings, however the bases are top drawer. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jim80903

Can you post a picture of the rifle/base/rings/scope? It's been over a quarter of a century since I purchased, but I think that's what I've got on a rifle of mine. If yours are the same, they're GREAT!

Hope we can get a pic!

Jim:cool:
:D Jim80903 in wonderful Colorado Springs,
Involved with my Sons, Hunting/Shooting, Fishing, the Outdoors, and Real Estate:cool:

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: rabbitrunner;57086I have aquired a rifle that has a scope mounted on a Buehler mount and rings. Don"t know anything about the brand, other than it looks complicated. It has some sort of adjusting knobs on the mount. It's a strange looking device. Don't know whether it's treasure, or junk. Help and info appreciated. Thanks Scott

I've installed many Buehler setups Scott and I think you might be speaking about the 'windage' adjustment built in to the base.

I still have a rifle or two that have Buehlers mounted on them.  I think they are a pretty slick setup.

rabbitrunner

Guys: I'll be out of town for the next week, but will try to figure out how to post a pic when I return.
General thread seems to suggest that I figure them out and keep them.
Jay: You are "on the money" with the windage adjustment. There's the dial but also what appear to be adjusting screws on the rear ring mount also.
I'll check back in a week when I return.
Scott

Tags: