Breakfast

Started by Hunterbug, November 22, 2004, 06:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Since no one else has gotten around to it I guess I'll get breakfast going. How about some waffels, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, oatmeal and coffee and OJ to drink.

I hope that everyone has a great day and lets all say a prayer for thoes Wisconson hunters and their families.:(
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Daryl (deceased)

Thanks 'bug!

Yeah, those hunters and thier families will be in my prayers.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Thanks for the breakfast, HB!

Gotta run early this morning.....Got to get over the pass to Timberon before this rain turns to snow....LOL.

The Wis. hunting incident was very tragic! I have fought with people that tresspass & hunt & fish & tear up private property all my life....People go where they want, where they are not supposed to be tresspassing & they DO get confrontational when told to leave. I hope this will result in a law with more "teeth" in it when lawful hunters and landowners encounter poachers, tresspassers, & other law breakers that are armed & confrontational....

These type people think they own ALL the land....They think they can do whatever they wish, & very hatefully resent the people that have a RIGHT to privacy on their own land.

I know I'll be more cautious when approaching armed tresspassers now...

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Dragonfly

Well I'm late for breakfast!!:D

Oh my the shootings and killings of 5 men, wounding of 3 others.  What a mess!!! One of the worst incidents I have ever in my life heard of happening during deer season.

Last I heard the shooter apparently deer hunting didn't have the appropriate weapon.  Was he mad at these guys because they had "private land" posted?  And decided to lay in wait on them.

All you guys deer hunting be careful out there!!!!!  There have been TOOO many shooting incidents this year already!!!

rockinbbar

This was not an accident by a deer hunter....It was cold blooded murder by a murderer.

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Dragonfly

I didn't call it an "accident" I said "incident" Rockin'.

He was hunting with an assault rifle.  When approached by the other hunters to get out of the stand he climbed down, adjusted his weapon and began to fire on the 2 men, two young boys and a young woman killing all five.  3 others were wounded, 1 critically when they came on 4x4s to the hunters aid.

As you say....the incident in question was cold, calculated murder.

Maybe we will learn the why at the next news conference tomorrow.

Daryl (deceased)

QuoteHe was hunting with an assault rifle.
I absolutely detest that term, and your statement makes it sound as if the rifle he carried is part of the problem.  The rifle isn't the problem; it was the sick minded murderer that killed those hunters, and the rifle he carried had nothing to do with it.  

Don't be fooled into the media hype that the weapon contributed to the crime.  That's nothing but liberal nonsense.

If it were otherwise, then every person carrying an SKS in the woods would be killing people.  I happen to know people who own and hunt with SKS's, and while it's not optimal for my own personal use, I respect their 2nd ammendment right to own and use them.

Execute the murderer and leave law abiding gun owners alone to live, hunt, and protect themselves as they see fit!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

AZ I have never carried a larger weapon than I needed to deer hunt.  A 30-30 lever action is plenty big enough and will get the job done.  Some states you can only carry a shotgun to hunt deer.

I was just making the point this guy had other things on his mind, maybe, besides killing a deer.  And he most likely did.
I don't have an assault rifle but that doesn't make me anti gun AZ.  I am a gun owner!!!!

And no the rifle in question did not kill by itself and at no time did I suggest it did.  It was the man behind the rifle.

I resent your implicaton AZ.

Antler3

I liked the quote someone on here uses (sorry don't remember your name ) But it states :

If guns kill people, then I can blame mis-spelled words on my pencil !!
ANTLER 3

Daryl (deceased)

Draggy,

QuoteAZ I have never carried a larger weapon than I needed to deer hunt. A 30-30 lever action is plenty big enough and will get the job done. Some states you can only carry a shotgun to hunt deer.
The fact is, an SKS is usually (always?) in 7.62x39, which is often compared to a 30-30 in power. This was not an overly powerful rifle.

QuoteI was just making the point this guy had other things on his mind, maybe, besides killing a deer. And he most likely did.
I don't have an assault rifle but that doesn't make me anti gun AZ. I am a gun owner!!!!
I understand that, Draggy. The trouble is, when some folks see or hear the phrase "He had an assault weapon", that automatically focuses attention to the weapon he used rather than the person using it. It may not in your mind, but it does in other's minds. The ensuing proposed laws are invariably focused on banning any such firearm as "evil", when in fact it is only a tool without the capacity to be "evil" in and of itself.

QuoteAnd no the rifle in question did not kill by itself and at no time did I suggest it did. It was the man behind the rifle.

I resent your implicaton AZ.
No, you didn't suggest that the rifle killed by itself, but the way I read your post it was surely implied; just as I never SAID that you suggested that the rifle was to blame. It was definitely implied though. When the news (and others) bring the firearm used into the equation, any proposed laws are normally aimed at banning such weapons rather than imposing stiffer penalties (such as mandatory execution) on the murderer. You and I both know that the weapon is not to blame, yet many people will automatically see anyone carrying such a weapon as a murderer. Most of them don't even know what an SKS looks like, and so all "assault weapons" (whatever that means) become suspect. It's sad but true.

My only point is to ask that each of us be careful of the terminology we use when talking of such things. We won't stop the liberal media from using them, but we can do our part to try to correct their erronious reporting tactics.

After all, some day someone will kill someone (or more than one) with a 30-30 levergun, and I'd just as soon they didn't ban those, either!

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

Killing or shooting here is common place with a 30-30 lever action.  Happens every year during deer hunting season.  A woman not far from us was killed last year by a deer hunter.  She had white gardening gloves on her hands.

And no I don't know what a SKS is and have never seen one that I know of or remember.

Hunterbug

Hey guys. This was a thread about coming together for cyber breakfast and remembering the families of the victims. If we wish to discuss the details there is a thread in the "What's on your mind" forum.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: