Whats your favorite hunting boot???

Started by BigHunter200076, November 28, 2006, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHunter200076

What type of hunting boots would you rather wear in a heavy storm especially in blizzard?

m gardner

I wear Schnee's 10 inch Hunters with the bob soles. They are a rubber bottom leather top boot with liners. They have taken some severe abuse in the rocky steep terrain here in Western Colorado and are warm, stable and don't rub my feet raw. My socks don't go to my toes either. I wear Thorlo socks. In warm weather I use Danner's Uninsulated Pronghorns with Thorlo socks again. The Thorlo socks are the best. I'm an old marathon runner and am fussy about footwear. I travel alot over very rough terrain and survive it nicely .  Schnees Boot company is in Bozeman Montana. The boots were about $170.00. Not cheap but I love my feet. God bless and good hunting.
                         Mark

BigHunter200076

Hey, I'm going try on some new light-weight hunting boots since mine that I've had for about 10 years have finally lost their soles and for awhile I've been walking with leaky boots. They were a real good pair of Rockies. But I now burned them so they went to Hunting Boot Heaven.

BigHunter200076

I still got my real good Northern Territory Heavy Weight Hunting Boots but they're only good for standing around in and the good thing is they're Gore-Tex and I love them alot. There is no way I'd toss them out  they work in the still hunting for deer.

babbyc1000

i have a pair of black goretex army boots, theyre waterproof and very hard wearing, ive had them about 6 yrs and all thats wrong is theyre a bit scuffed
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

knuckledragger

In warm weather, I have 2 choices:  rubber boots (when the terrain is swampy or scent control is an issue) or my combat boots (they've carried me around in some bad terrain over 21 years and hold up well with periodic resoling).  In cold weather, I have a pair of Rocky Cornstalkers that need replacing and perhaps an up grade with more Thinsulate.  I wear wool socks in cold weather and regular cushion soled socks in warm weather.  

KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: m gardner;53583I wear Schnee's 10 inch Hunters with the bob soles. They are a rubber bottom leather top boot with liners. They have taken some severe abuse in the rocky steep terrain here in Western Colorado and are warm, stable and don't rub my feet raw. My socks don't go to my toes either. I wear Thorlo socks. In warm weather I use Danner's Uninsulated Pronghorns with Thorlo socks again. The Thorlo socks are the best. I'm an old marathon runner and am fussy about footwear. I travel alot over very rough terrain and survive it nicely .  Schnees Boot company is in Bozeman Montana. The boots were about $170.00. Not cheap but I love my feet. God bless and good hunting.
                         Mark
[/COLOR]

Ditto... Schnee's are just the ticket for the type of hunting I have done.  I live in an area that is either straight up or straight down to the creek bottoms.  Crossing creeks can be a pain unless you're shod correctly.  I also include waterproof gaiters as belt AND suspenders.

davidlt89

I have a pair of scent free rubber boots I wear bear baiting and hunting. Have a pair of Irish setters with 600 gr. thinsulate for birds and sometimes part of deer season. I got a pair of 1000 gr. rockies with removable felts for the real cold weather. All of them are comfortable but the Irish setters are my favorite. Luckily I have never paid over 99.00 for any of them. Found the rockies in the bargain cave at Cabelas, marked down from 150.00. The only size they had left just happened to be my size.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hiker

I hunt in Danners and really like them. They keep my feet dry and warm. For cold weather I'd go with 400-600 grain insulation.

Tags: