How Do You Hunters Get Ready For Deer???

Started by BigHunter200076, November 22, 2006, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHunter200076

Hey hunters I always wondered what do you'll like to do get ready for deer hunting is there a special prayer you do or away of meditating also you  all do also.

arffdog911

well i like to soak in a warm lilac bubble bath and listen to Kenny G, then i pour elmers glue all over my body and roll around in oak leaves, then i go into the woods and call all the deer by their first names, when they come to me i give them the choice of shooting themselves or running away and leting me do it, but usually the cops show up and tell me to put down the bottle of jack and put my clothes back on.

BigHunter200076

Oh my your funny I love that. Well I like to go out a few times and do my scouting along with target shooting and at nights I go spotting for I write down the places the good and bad areas. Then I'll go and do it again and again. Along with that I'll read Field & Stream along with Outdoor Life and any other magazine thats good in that area. I also look at websites like.:
Outdoor Network //www.outdoors.net
Hunting Pennsylvania //www.huntingpa.com
Pennsylvania Game & Fish pagameandfish.com

Along with the state game commission also they give alot at times you know.

arffdog911

well i like to scout a little, but its much easier to find the trails were the deer move from bedding spots to feed ing spots and lay some salt block around an area just outside the feeeding spot, it will keep the deer in their normal routine so they wont wander outside their normal trails, so when hunting time comes around, just find a nice spot on the trail and wait, also finding nice rubs and putting sone doe urine on or around them is  great trick but only do it a couple of days before you plan to hunt.

nrthrn_maine_hunter

shoot my rifle to make sure it's on and reacquaint myself with it.   and pray for a safe and productive season
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

BigHunter200076

Well guys I got myself a little too cranked up now but the season is only a day away now. But I must say I got 1 thing I always do also I grow a beard on face and I wear all through the deer season and when I get my deer I'll shave it off and if I don't get a deer I don't shave it off I'll just trim it and wait until next year. So, then I'll just keep doing that and its a small habit I have. My mom hates this habit I have but I always tell her why i do it and she'll shut right up because she knows my habit but actually sometimes we argue over it but thats a woman for you. Even if its just your mother. But you guys who do the same thing I'll bet your wives might be the same way so I don't feel toom bad about it so you guys who are still getting ready for deer season here in PA try that for fun and see what happens. So, GOOD LUCK!!! to all of you hunters here in PA get a big one this year.

arffdog911

when you do make a kill, do you ever glue the beard to the deer? it would be pretty funny.

babbyc1000

im growing a beard at the minute, tho i dont hunt deer!

ive decided that due to my broken ankle meaning i wont be in work for 6+ weeks i dont have to be nice and clean shaven every morning. so i decided to grow a beard. keeps the face warm, saves money on razor blades, and means i get plenty of space in bed now cos my gf wont come near me due to my face being so prickly, ha ha!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

BigHunter200076

Yes!!! I grow my beard and when the season is over I shave it all off again.

arffdog911

well my job wont let me grow a beard but im jumping on this bandwagon in my mind.

babbyc1000

same for my job but ive got a simple solution for you... :D

1) buy a rottweiler, feed and exercise him until hes 9 stone of muscle
2) get him to run into you as hard as he can when your walking over tarmac
3) fall awkwardly when he hits you, making sure to break your ankle at the moment of impact with the tarmac.
4) if step 3 fails, keep repeating until required result is obtained
5) once ankle is broken, head immediatley to the hospital emergency department (but also leaving time for your girlfriend to declare "its probably only a sprain" whilst laughing at you writhing in agony on the ground)
6) after waiting for 3 agonizing hours in a crowded waiting room, get a cast on the broken bone

now if you have followed my instructions to the letter, you will now be signed off work for at least 6 weeks while the bones knit. this will give you ample time to grow a beard, watch day time tv, count the number of swirls in the pattern of the carpet, go slightly demented and also ensure that your own mother, your girlfriends mother and relatives you hardly ever speak to will call/visit you at least 3 times a day, especially when you have just managed to hop to the bathroom and are on the far side of the house from the telephone. :confused:

go on, give it a try today! :p

arffdog911

well if i get a broken bone my job will find something unphysical for me to do, they dont like to give time off. and even if i do get a broken bone im still not allowed to grow a beard.

buckshot roberts

:D"Scouting" and sighting in my rifle,Thats about it, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

babbyc1000

yeah thats kinda a problem with the military, glad i told the nacy where to stick their commission a few years back... :D

arffdog911

well as long as their signing my pay check i'll follow orders, but when my times up im gonna join the NRA and start my own militia. haha

Tags: