My daughter Jessica's first hunt...

Started by Hiker, November 10, 2006, 02:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiker

Our Wyoming Antelope hunt.

This was Jessica's (age 12) first hunt. Meredith & I had a great time with her and our good Christian friends Dave and Sally. We stayed with Dave and Sally and hunted their and their neighbor's land. Sally cooked for us. She and Dave spoiled us the whole time we were there.

Jessica shot this doe at 351 yards, according to my rangefinder. She was using her Mom's 25-06, with 120 grain handloads, which were made by her "adopted" Great Grand Father Ernie, before he went to be with his Lord. I wanted to make sure she used this special ammo for her first hunt, as Ernie is a very special person to our family. He died at the age of 93 a few years back.

Hiker

This is Jessica's first buck, Killed with the same weapon......Yes, she killed the largest buck on the trip. That is exactly what her mother prayed for and God answered it. She was so excited and a true sport to stick with it.....a true blessing to all of us and as Dave said, "she's a kick in the pants". We have been planning this hunt for a couple of years now and it was sure worth the wait.

Hiker

Jessica with our good friends, Dave & Sally. They are a true blessing to be around and hunt with.

Dave & Sally love to hunt and just got back from a Arctic hunt. They killed three caribou and a barren ground Grizzly, Dave's second. Dave showed me his antler collection and I was amazed and I only saw part of them. Out of 44 elk permits, he has killed 42 elk. That is downright incredible...........Wow.

Hiker

Jeff aka Hiker and Meredith with Jessica and her buck....

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Congrats to the young hunter and the proud poppa!
God is Love!
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

buckshot roberts

:D Thank you sharing those very nice pics, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Hunterbug

That's fantastic, good for her! I love to see pictures like that.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Vermonster

Nice to see you started her with a close, easy shot..... :rolleyes:

:D

Man, I probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 351 yards!!!  That's an impressive shot!!  Congrats on a great hunt !!!!!!  She's definately on her way to being a great hunter!!!!!!:cool:

Alboy

Ditto on what Vermonster said.

Man it is haert warming to see grins on folks that won't wear off for a while.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

M. R. Byrd

Jeff,
Great pics. That's a hunt that all of you will remember and talk about for a lifetime.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Daryl (deceased)

Congrat's to you and your daughter!

Great pictures.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gunslingergirl

I always love the smiles on the faces of the young hunters.  They all look so proud and happy.

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

davidlt89

Wow, 351 yards, I took a shot last year at 358 on a nice whitetail, did not get the same result though. Great to see your daughter so happey and Glad to hear how much God is blessing you and your family, I am sure you derserve it. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hiker

Thanks for the kind comments. Jessica is a really good shot, just like her Mother. They listen well and Jessica has been practicing for a long time. The kick doesn't bother her at all. I've been working with her on breathing and sweezing for over a year now. davidlt89, No I don't deserve it. Imputted righteousness is my only hope.

Here are a few more photos of the hunt....Meredith's buck.....and mine.

Hiker

Some more photos of our Wyoming antelope hunt.

Tags: