This will give you a laugh!

Started by babbyc1000, November 08, 2006, 03:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbyc1000

im currently sitting at home, i have at least 3 weeks off work, its a lovely sunny autumn day, the tree's are changing colour, its cool but not too cold yet so i can wear my camo jacket and not be sweating like a pig, when i look out the window i can see 4 pheasants in the field beside by house, begging to be shot and cooked, and about 12 rabbits running around in the field in front of the house, in perfect range of the .22 rifle and shotguns in my gun cabinet, and i would only have to jump over a ditch or a fence to get either if i shot them. as well as that my new pup is starting to want to go for walks, and all three dogs are looking between me and the door trying to send me psychic messages to take them out for a walk ove the fields which have now been cleared of cattle for the winter, so i can go into anyone i like and shoot into any one i like, without bulls charging me down into a messy pulp!

sounds like hunters heaven dont it??   :rolleyes:

well one slight problem....

IVE GOT A BROKEN ANKLE! AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

thought you might like to know just how much im suffering at the mintue. ive a cast on my leg and i cant move with the crutches!! someone up there DEFINITELY does not like me!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Gunslingergirl

That is not fun.   I'm certainly not enjoying your suffering, but the post is kind of funny.  Sorry to hear you're laid up.

How did you break your ankle?

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

you wont believe it buts thats the funniest part - the dog tripped me! ive crashed cars and gliders, jumped outta trees, had stone walls fall on my head and nearly been shot, but this is the first time ive had a serious injury!

wasnt his fault though, hes a 13month rottweiler, about 8.5 stone of muscle but with the brain of a puppy! he was running around the garden and didnt see me, went straight into the side of my legs and sent me sprawling onto the concrete, so after a minute of screaming pain it went numb and i had to ring my girlfriend on my mobile to come out of the house and pick me up, she was too busy watching tv and couldnt hear the screams!

so here i am, all laid up, was tempted to try and go shooting yesterday but if youve ever seen what the recoil from a 12 bore does to someone balancing on one leg then you can imagine that it didnt really work :D

oh well, look on the bright side, at least it wasnt my trigger finger!!:o

Gunslingergirl

Good heavens, it sounds as though you've had some adventures. I'm not sure if I want to ask how a stone wall fell on your head. Or how you nearly got shot.

Those big dogs can hit you hard. We've always had labs and I've been knocked over when they run into my legs. Never broken anythng though.

At least you are looking on the bright side. You'll just have to sit somewhere and wait for the game to come to you. THen you can send the dog to pick it up.

Kristine
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

hmmmm slight problemo with that, hed either look at me with a puzzled look and then lie down and sleep or sit in front of me eating the game knowing i cant get it off him!

oh labs are cool, i had been thinking of getting a black one before we got the rottie (he was the g'f xmas present last year - long story!)

well i was in the raf cadets over here, so we were given flying training (i crashed a glider) and weapons handling courses (someone i was training nearly shot me), and the stone wall was me doing the macho man thing - a door in a derelict farm house i go shooting around was stuck so i tried to kick it open - when i grabbed the frame to swing my boot into it the frame and the wall above it fell on top of me - i came back to the house covered in white dust!

oh well...

just thinking that instead of high seats you should sell safety equipement for hunters on ur site - kevlar helmets, knee pads, trauma packs, all the usual stuff i need, ha ha ha!

Gunslingergirl

I'm starting to think that might be a good idea after reading this post.

It looks like we might be doing some business in the UK. Still investigating opportunities, but it appears there may be a market for us in your part of the world.

I'll starting looking into adding the kevlar helmets and knee pads to our inventory. :D

Kristine
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

cheers tho if its possible morphine shots would be great, failing that an intavenous drip for vodka/whiskey would have worked a treat when i fell, ha ha ha!  :D

ill keep an eye out on the site, u can bet that when i get the cast off ill be out in the fields making up for lost time!

Gunslingergirl

How long before the cast comes off?  Rifle season starts in Mcihgian next week, and I know hunters here are chomping at the bit.
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

well theyre saying 3 to 6 weeks at the moment!!!

we dont really have seasons for rifle here in the uk, just for things like deer and duck/pheasants, they all started around october as far as i know, but i have my guns for "pest control" purposes on my land(we have to give the police a reason for us having the guns) so i can shoot pretty much anything that moves if i want. so its never closed season here, normally rabbits and woodpigeon, though sometimes id go after the odd crow or two, as well as that theres a family of 6 or 7 foxes but i dont bother them, theyre not doing me any harm. only annoying thing is that the pheasants and ducks only start appearing in our fields in november and december, so im missing out on a few nice roast dinners!!!

Gunslingergirl

You've got to love pheasant.  Not so much for duck, but I do love a good pheasant.  My Dad is hunting them in the Dakotas right now, so we should have pheasant for Christmas Dinner.
Albert Einstein

babbyc1000

well im just outta hospital again, doc reckons cast will come off in 5 weeks time so be a week or two before christmas, have to do plenty of shooting then to make up for lost time.

as a great man once told me, if something doesnt kill you it makes you stronger, but if it cripples you THEN youre screwed!!

Tags: