breakfast...or, Holy Cow y'all must be starved

Started by Kit, November 03, 2006, 06:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

coffee's on!!! Lots of it!  yesterday's snow-n-ice is gonna melt today for sure and we've got plenty steak n eggs for all

and yeah salsa

:D

fireside chat - things that never happened.  Have ya seen that dumb insurance commercial where the lady steps on the brake and stops the car "in the flash of an eye, nothing happened" (rewarding good drivers...)

They need a really exciting commercial methinks, like the other day, driving  HWY 97 up the pass just before dawn and

1- I see lights of small car approaching -- it's slowing on a downhill
2- I see the two perfect cow elk (on his side) about to cross in front of me
3- elk look both way before crossing
4- I edge loaded pickup slightly onto right shoulder wondering if that is a good idea either
5- semi size gravel truck or something behind the slowing car pulls out around him
6- I edge further out, sure he'll go back in his lane
7- he doesn't
8- elk decide not to risk it
9- we all spread out on the two-lane with the gravel truck coming down the yellow lines
10- passing three across -- nothing happens

One more day I wish I had a cam on the delivery truck
:D

Blessings on your day and drive safely!!!!!!!!!

Daryl (deceased)

Yep, Kit; still a few straglers coming in after the stampede we had.  Keep the coffee hot, and maybe the smell of that, plus the campfire smoke will guide the rest of 'em back in!

Meanwhile, I'll be riding night guard on the board.  Been some mischief here and there, so need to keep a close eye out!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

motor (deceased)

How long was the board down/? i spent 5 days in the hospital and when i got home i couldn't get aboard..
good to see you Kit, how are you doing/  God bless.
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Gunslingergirl

Motor, what happened?  I hope it is nothing serious.

I discovered the board was down on Monday.  I was so glad to see it back up this morning.

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

motor (deceased)

My feet and legs were swollen and i was short of breath so they sent me to the hospital for some tests..they found a small amount of fluid on my lungs and that i was in the early stages of congestive heart failure..I have known for a year or so that i had a heart valve going bad so that was part of the problem..but with medication i am feeling fine now and i thank God for that..as you know i am 77 years old and to be honest with you, i'm just wearing out.. :D
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

RatherBHuntin

Well Motor, if you weren't running that rig 90 mph all the time it might last a while longer.  You gotta put it in the shop and overhaul them every now and then!  Glad you're feeling better.  Take care of yourself.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Gunslingergirl

Motor,

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Listen to Glenn's advice!

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

buckshot roberts

:) Dang I'm very late, yep i missed ya'll as being in school want be on as much for the next few weeks, i'm happy is back up, Ya motor so sorry ya been in the hospital, Hay hang in their i like reading ya post, hope ya doing ok now, Now Kit be safy out on the road, good to see ya back, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: