Mother died yesterday

Started by sakorick, October 11, 2006, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I post this with mixed emotions.....I have good friends on this forum and need some cheer in a dark moment. Mother was ....well a special mother. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Regards, Rick.

Anna Dybing Scruggs died on October 10th, 2006, in Brookfield, Missouri. Anna was born on December 15th, 1918 in Wildrose, North Dakota, the daughter of Norwegian immigrants, Gabriel and Margit Dybing. She and her siblings attended the local school where Anna graduated with honors. Anna earned her Nursing degree from Minot (ND) College, and entered World War II as a 2d Lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps. She served as a Surgical Nurse with the 48th Station Hospital on Guadalcanal from 1942-1945 where she met her husband, Lt Col Richard H Scruggs (ret) a bomber pilot who had been injured. They were married on Guadalcanal in 1944 and Anna was discharged a first Lieutenant in 1945 and awarded the Pacific Asiatic Campaign Ribbon and 4 Overseas Bars. She was an American patriot, heroin and faithful wife to Richard until his death in 1995. She is survived by two sisters, Gudrun Storhoff, Lanesboro, Minn. and Borghild DeVilliers, Cincinnati, OH, two sons, Rick Scruggs of Linneus, Missouri and Dave Scruggs of Dallas, Texas and two grandchildren, Eric Scruggs, Kansas City, Kansas and Ann-Marie Scruggs, Topeka, Kansas. Her funeral will be conducted at Fort Logan National Cemetery, Denver, Colorado on Wednesday, October 18th, 2006 at 2:00PM, staging area A, where she will be interred with her husband. Donations to the McLarney Manor Nursing Home, 116 Pratt St., Brookfield, Missouri, 64628.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Antler3

I am so sorry for your loss.  She was a great woman, one to be honored.  I lost my Dad a couple years ago and I know your pain.  May God comfort you and your family in this time of great sorrow.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.
ANTLER 3

RatherBHuntin

Rick, my deepest condolences.  I can only imagine how you must feel and you and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

rockinbbar

Rick,

You are in our thougts & prayers. Let us know how we can help if needed.

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

:( I am so sorry for your loss, She sure did live a good life, giving good comfort  and all to others, rick my prayers go out to you an ya family, Bless ya one an all, ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

motor (deceased)

May God Bless you with peace in your heart..you and the family are in my prayers..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Gmoney

You have my condolences Rick....

Today was a sad day for me as well....
I had to make an emergency visit to a dear friend of mine today in San Antonio,TX...he found out he had cancer 2 weeks ago and its in his brain, kidney and throat. He had his kidney removed last week as well....so I am going out of state for the next 5 days or so and well, he may not make it that long......He's not responding to chemo and the cancer is all over his brain....it is unoperable and it is only a matter of when....It is sad when the last time you see someone they are healthy and then you see him again and he's lost 40 lbs, talks to me about all the bad things he's done and that he feels guilty, has tubes and holes all in his body, no kidney, and we discussed his funeral.....Today was a bad day....

We spent 4 hrs this afternoon talking about heaven and hell and I shared some of the Good News today as he was not a church going person.....He got saved this afternoon in the hospital bed with me by his side as he has been curious about it for some time now.....

I told him the rest is gravy once you KNOW where you're going....

I feel for you Rick as when I lose my mother I will be a wreck....

Sorry to disrupt this thread for your mother's memory....

Greg
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

M. R. Byrd

Rick,
Thanks for sharing with us of your Mother. I can tell she was a caring person and I know will be missed by you and the rest of the family.

God, grant peace to this family as they grieve their loss, Amen.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Antler3

GMoney , My thoughts and prayers are with you also.  So glad you were able to share the good news with your friend. Now you know he will be going to a better place than we are in. I know is hard to let them go , may God comfort you.
ANTLER 3

Hunterbug

I am sorry for your loss Rick. May God be with you and your family.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gunslingergirl

Rick,

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Mom was a great woman.

GSG
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

Hammer-52

Rick,
    Please accept my condolences. Your mother sounds like she was a great lady--anyone willing to care for the war wounded has my deepest hearfelt thanks. And then to marry a bomber pilot to boot! I'm sure she had a full life.
    I lost both my mom & dad about six years ago (they died 5 weeks to the day a part). I still think of them both & it is their memories that give me strength when the going gets tough.
God bless you and your familiy.
Mark
"The less government we have the better -- the fewer laws and the less confided power. The antidote to this abuse of formal government is the influence of private character, the growth of the individual." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jay Edward (deceased)

Rick... your mother led a long and exemplary life.  I have no doubt she touched many lives and was responsible for putting a fair number of families back together.

Her record as a Patriot cannot be overstated.  Guadalcanal was a tough duty station and I am sure that her presence was a blessing to many a soldier... even those who paid the ultimate price.

Role models are not as plentiful as they once were but you sure have at least one if not two.

Regards,

- j

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Rick,

I wish there was something more that I could add to the other posts but they have said it better than I ever could.

I lost my Mom in 2003 and my Dad in 1996 so I know somewhat of how your are feeling.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

sakorick

Thank you all. Your posts have given me great resolve and strength and I have been touched. I'm off to Denver on Monday and I will never forget the kind words you all have posted on THL. Warm regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: