PA Archery started!!

Started by Marlin917VS, October 01, 2006, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin917VS

I went out yesterday morning.  Went to my friends house and we got into the woods at about 5:30.  This is my first time climbing a tree in my new climber.  I used my friends once who has the same one, but it was light out.  Needless to say, it was pitch black and it took a while.  After I got up in my tree and got situated it was still completely black.  In what I'm guessing was about 30 more minutes it started to get light, but it also started raining.  At first it was a real light drizzle and I wasn't even getting wet because I had a lot of leaves over me, but then it picked up and I was started to get wet.  It would rain off and on, and I was getting pretty cold.  Then at around 7:30 I heard something behind me so I turn and I see a doe walking real slow about 40 yards behind me.  It was going diagonally away from me so I decided what the heck, let's try this new grunt call out.  So I did a fawn bleet... i think... and she looked over, turned around and started my way.  Then I saw a fawn following her.  They were comeing right for me.  They got right next to my tree and started eating something on the ground, then the doe peed.  They stayed there for about 5 or 10 minutes then the doe started walking away alittle bit in front of me.  It turned back and was looking up at my like it knew something was there but couldn't figure out what it was.  After a while she caught on to what I was and they both took off.   It was a really good oppertunity, but I don't want to get a doe yet.  I only end up eating one deer a year, so I don't want to get 2 because I don't want to see it go to waste.  I'd rather get a buck, but if it gets close to the end of the season and I don't get a chance at a buck and a doe rolls around, then I will take one.  I'm hoping to go out for a couple  hours after soccer practice this week, but I don't think I'll have enough light after soccer is over so I may have to wait until next saturday.  

Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Antler3

Good post. Sounds like you had a good time. No better experience than interacting with the animals themselves ! Glad you got to see them.
ANTLER 3

Marlin917VS

I saw 2 more doe tonight right after I got up in the tree.  They were just passing by.  I didn't see anything else the rest of the evening.  My buddy who was a couple hundred yards away in the direction the doe were heading shot a doe so I'm thinking that might have been one of the 2 I saw.  I didn't get a chance to talk to him because I got back and his dad had already left to help him find it and I didn't know where they went.  I'll keep you posted.

Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

BigHunter200076

Hey Marlin917VS, where are you from???

Tags: