Semi's

Started by davidlt89, July 31, 2006, 09:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Anybody out there own a Browning BAR rifle or a Benelli R1 rifle. If you do, how do they shoot and how dependable are they?
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Jacobite

I don't own either but if you are looking for a hunting rifle how about the M1 Garand? I wish PA allowed semi's so I could hunt with mine.

davidlt89

Jacobite,
   I myself would never hunt with a semi, but I am looking for a friend of mine who is from Sweden. I don't like the rem 7400's so I thought I would see if anyone has shot the browning BAR rifles or the new Benelli. I am not familiar with the M1 Garand (is it a military rifle). Please fill me in, thanks.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

teddy12b

My buddy has a rem 7400.  The best he could get is 2" at 100yards.  I know it's not one of the ones you're interested in but maybe a helpful reference at best?

davidlt89

ted,
   I have much experience with the 7400's. owned a 742 at one time. Could not get rid of it fast enough. I am a die hard rem fan, but the 7400's I just don't like. I think my buddy is leaning to the new Benelli. They have some great footage of people using it on their web site. Have not heard from you since the bear post. My bait is doing well, will get a chance to try it out monday. Just set a camera out yesterday to take some pictures. I will try to get them on THL. thanks for the input.

Jacobite

The M1 is a military rifle from WW2 and Korean War. Not a rifle I would buy if I only wanted it for hunting. I have two I love to shoot that is why I would like to hunt with one.

Tags: