Newbie to the Elk Scene

Started by Mauserfan in TX, July 17, 2006, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauserfan in TX

I have put in for an Arizona Elk tag this year. If I am lucky enough to get drawn, I plan on taking two different rifles with me. A m-71 Win. in .348 and  a Ruger #1 in 7mm Rem Mag.  As this will be my first trip, I am in need of some suggestions of what other gear i may need. The trip will be with family who already live in AZ, but the trip is supposed to be in the N. end of the state. I would welcome any advice. Thax, Dan
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

mtsharps

Hi Mauserfan in TX
So what time of month are you goining to be hunting are you going to camp or stay in a motel is this a do it your self hunt or with a outffiter

Mauserfan in TX

Howdy MTSharps, I will be in AZ. around the middle or last 2 weeks of Nov. We wii be travelimg in my father's motor home and the trip is "guided " by my cousins who live there. My father has made this trip many times , and it has sort of become his tradition to go , even when he did'nt get a tag. Due to his declining health, he wanted me to take him this time . He states it is going to be his last trip. I have my rifles planned out, that was the easy part. I am not familuar with the terrain there as i have'nt been in that region for over 20 years. So any advice the more experienced ca pass to me , the better...........All this dependent on who among get drawn. If my dad gets a tag and i don't , i am still going to take him on his trip.
Thanx, Danny
  P.S. That's a fine lookin' Sharps you're posting
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Hiker

Did they get their tags? I think the AZ draw is over.

Mauserfan in TX

Howdy Hiker, I spoke with my dad yesterday and he has'nt heard any news about the tags. I was told that the drawing for the tags was in August. I guess i should call my cousin and see.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Hiker

I was just wondering, some of my friends already know that they drew as their Credit Card have been hit by AZ G&F.

Mauserfan in TX

Howdy Gang, You're correct it is a pay-up-front system. I found out today that the drawing is on July 28, per AZGFD. The folks who don't get a tag get their money refunded, sometime in August.
                                               Take Care,
                                                                 Danny
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Hiker

Danny, AZ's draw results are up......online.

Mauserfan in TX

Howdy Hiker, Thanx so much for the heads-up. I struck out though. I still have to see if my dad lucked out though.
                                          Thake Care and thanx again,
                                                                                       Danny
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Tags: