gun and scope

Started by duckaholic12, July 10, 2006, 02:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckaholic12

What is a good .270 rifle and what would be a good scope for it??
its not a passion, its an obsession

Daryl (deceased)

First off, welcome to THL Mr duck!!

Second, how much are you willing to spend on a rifle?  Lots of good ones out there.  Savage rifles are said to be very accurate, and they're inexpensive to boot, but they aren't much for eye candy IMO.

Remington 700 BDL's are one of the most beautiful rifles for the money IMO, and they're accurate, too.

Personally, I use a Browning A-bolt for most of my big game hunting.  The synthetic stock isn't all that pretty, but then neither am I, so I don't really mind.  When I squeeze the trigger on her, something usually dies shortly after, and that's what counts for me.

As far as scopes, I'm partial to Leupold.  Other's opinions will vary, of course, but they're hard to beat for the money.  Which one and what power will depend on how much dinero you want to spend, and how you'll use it.

Whatever you choose, good luck with it!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

M. R. Byrd

Duckaholic12-
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place, that is if you want good information and good fellowship, absent from all the bashing that goes on in some forums. You will find really friendly and helpful people here.

There were some good recommendations made by Daryl. I do have a son that shoots a .270 in a left handed Ruger 77. He really likes it and uses it for deer and elk. I personally shoot a Browning A-Bolt and really like it. I also shoot a Remington Model 70 in a .243 for deer and varmits.

What hunting do you plan and what is your budget?

Glad to have you on board. This site is made up of a lot of forums, including the "Campfire", which is just like the name implies,  warm place where we will gather to just shoot the breeze and have something to eat or a cup of hot coffee. You are always welcome there, just pull up a stump and join in.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece Byrd
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

duckaholic12

i basically just hunt deer, i hunt other stuff but they require a shotgun. the highest i would go on a gun would be $500 and on a scope about $300.

rockinbbar

The scope I have under the $300.00 range on my rifles are Leupolds. Great buy for the money. I usually get a VXII 3-9X40 to top off the deer guns.

Any rifle would do. I'd not really want a Rem 710 for something I wanted to shoot regular year after year, though....;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

:) Hey welcome to THL, a lot of good rifles out in 270, new an used, an for $800 bucks you should be able  to find a good outfit,  not much of a scope user so I can't help you on that, are you looking for a bolt,  auto, single shot ,:D  good luck on finding you something, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

duckaholic12

Tags: