Update on Rain Turtle

Started by rockinbbar, July 09, 2006, 12:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

I guess I should have held off on making the second one....:(

It has rained over 4 inches in the past 24 hrs......This on top of already saturated grounds!

All the county roads are washed out. Fences are down, livestock is running around....;)

Mine are OK, but the flooding is daily now.

We'll see how long this goes on.

Better than drought though....:D

Barry

P.S.- Careful there with that Rain Turtle, Maynard!
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

:( Dang you guys are having a hard time this summer, with all the wildfires, an now rain, good thing ya stopped before ya make numbers 3, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

M. R. Byrd

Barry-
Oh I may be in trouble, I did three of them at the ranch late this afternoon. We left out there when the clouds were threatening and encountered some heavy rain close  to Dodge.  I will check the radar. I just had a call from the Denver airport and my mother's flight from Denver to Dodge, that was to arrive at 9:30PM today is on hold because of weather.

Called Wal-Mart to check on slickers and rubber boots and they told me they don't carry things like that in this store. Something about no demand for them, but they had plenty of dust masks. :D

I will keep you posted.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

rockinbbar

You think it gets dry there, Maynard......;)

It gets so DRY here that windshield wipers are optional equipment on a pick-up.:D

Hope it works for ya!

Near as I can figure, we've had over 9 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks.

Barry

rockinbbar

See what you did.....

Current radar...:)

M. R. Byrd

Barry,
It has been so dry here that the fire hydrants are chasing the dogs.:p

You did right good on the radar. I did check on the National Weather Service precipitation radar and it looks like the ranch only received about .10" on the first pass, but the night is not over. The ranch is about twenty miles southeast of Dodge.

I did just get a call from the Denver airport and my adventuresome ninety year old mom is in the air on her way back from Alaska. I can't wait the hear the stories. Hopefully she will have some pictures.

I'll keep you posted.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

rockinbbar

:D

I look forward to your giving us a report on your wayward mom as well.

It seems to me that the Rain Turtle gains strength for awhile....
3 ought to do the trick.....I've personally never made more than 2. & only made the second one after the fist had faded. ;)

Barry

M. R. Byrd

I sent my helper to the ranch to replace the tractor's A/C belt and continue farming. I didn't mention anything to him about the rain turtles----didn't want to scare him off, because I sure need to get the farming done. There is a 40% chance of rain today, with some severe storms. I am just waiting for the drought to be broken.

BTW, my mother did arrive last night. Too late to really talk fishing, but she did say it was really slow. Enough time to tell me that she caught the largest king salmon. She did have a fifty pound box of fish with her, so there will be fresh fish on our table very soon. There was king, coho, halibut and some spot prawns-------ah, so good!

I'll keep you posted on the rain turtles.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Hunterbug

We got over an inch yesterday and about 3 over the last 4 days. We sure needed it. Today it's sunny and everything is drying out. We had plannen on going camping but the wife and the oldest got sick and so that got cancelled, good thing too. Where we were going they had flash floods and being stuck inside while camping with the kids would not have been fun.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: