My First Ruger MK II

Started by buckshot roberts, May 07, 2006, 09:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

After reading some post on this model of Ruger, an looking in pawn shops, gun show,ect I got one two weeks ago, Gave A $150 bucks an some wild boad chops for it, took it to the rang back of the house this morning, no wind but a little rain off an on, stepped off 30 feet, an put 30 rounds trough it, not bad, shoots just as good as my 1st model colt woodsman, I'll give her a try this spring squirrel season, I would like to thank M1, for the link to copy these targets, and also RockinBbar, Ron

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/misc/targets.htm

http://www.targetz.com/game01.htm
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Jay Edward (deceased)

My first .22 handgun as well Buckshot.  BTW... it looks as if you gave the ground squirrel on the lower right a nast scare and maybe changed his singing voice.

I eventually went to a Target version and liked the balance better but there was no getting around the quality of the little Ruger and it's perfomance.

gitano

While this thread is 10 years old, but since this was also MY first handgun, I thought I'd resurrect the thread and maybe some new blood will have something to say too.

I never missed an animal that I was shooting at with this pistol. I first shot it when I was about 12, and I still have it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

I have never owned a Ruger pistol. I have always wanted one but can't see buying a new one at my age. I don't need one but I WANT one. That's all that matters. I bought a new Bearcat 40 or 50 years ago but didn't like it. I have shot several other Ruger pistols someone  else owned & love the 22. .....Well, I just remembered I bought a Ruger LC9 a year or so ago. It's laying right here by the computer. Never shot it yet. Don't like double action pistols but at the time it was all they had & I was buying. I'll get a Ruger Mark 2 before I leave. ....Looks like Ron's groups were printing a bit to the right. That happens with right handed shooters often. .....Paul H

Tags: