How do you get a night time deer????

Started by thomas1, November 11, 2004, 10:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas1

I have deer coming to my bait alot but they all seem to come at night and not during the day. This has happened to me for the last three years and since then I have not got a deer at my apples..  I need help bad there is only three weeks left in the season.....

motor (deceased)

Find out where they are bedding down and set up your stand in a good spot between there and where they feed..I have found the best time to see them is in the evening just before dark..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Antler3

The closer you can get to their beds without spooking them in the evening, the more light you will have when they get up to feed. That has been my experience. By the time they get to their feeding area like an open green field it will be to dark to see them.
ANTLER 3

thomas1

I have found only one bed and one rub in the area but I have been checking the big chopping every evening but still nothing, and I am not sure if that is one of the deer that are feeding on my apples or not but I can't find any other signs

ShadowRider

thomas, here's a thought. If you can identify the trails that are coming to your bait, tie a thread across each trail high enough that the deer will have to push thru it and not step over it. Keep it loose on one end so they won't break it when they walk thru but will pull the lose end with them, thus showing which way they came from. Any threads with the loose ends pointing toward your bait will show a trail they followed to the bait. Any threads trailing away from the bait will be trails they used when leaving. Once you identify the trails they are using to come into your bait,  you can follow them back away from your bait and find a stand location. Good luck.

Tags: