Which Shotgun?

Started by varmint hunter, May 03, 2006, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varmint hunter

I am looking for a sporter shotgun. Any advice on good cheap ones out there?

rockinbbar

Mossberg 500, or the Remington 870....:)

They both give you a lot of bang for the buck!

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

:D Do ya want a new cheap one or a used cheap'n, is this going to be a GP kind of shot gun, hunting, skeet shoot'n,  single shot,pump, auto, H&R has a very good Single shot out for less than $150, winchester has the model 1300, in all kinds of models, you can still get them at this time, an mossberg has the model 500, good shotgun for the money, Ron

what  ga, 2 3/4, 3" or 3 1/2",  barrel ?,
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

M1Garand

My vote's for the Remington 870

RatherBHuntin

I just saw a Mossberg Semi Auto, NIB at Dick's for under $500, good price but no idea about the reliability.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Gmoney

Mossberg makes a good shotgun....so does Remmy.....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Husker

I've got two 870's and never had a problem.

varmint hunter

Quote from: buckshot roberts:D Do ya want a new cheap one or a used cheap'n, is this going to be a GP kind of shot gun, hunting, skeet shoot'n, single shot,pump, auto, H&R has a very good Single shot out for less than $150, winchester has the model 1300, in all kinds of models, you can still get them at this time, an mossberg has the model 500, good shotgun for the money, Ron

what ga, 2 3/4, 3" or 3 1/2", barrel ?,
Double barrel over & under. I also understand that many 2nd hand shotguns are not proof for steel shot - only lead. I cant shoot duck with lead, thus need a rifle for steel. So for that reason i am after a new one, unless i see a nice one out there that shoots steel, and is worth the $. I will want to be shooting rabbits, duck, and clay targets. i have heard of Baikal, Lanber, Rizzini, Boito. What u think?

I will okk into the mossberg and remmingtons.

buckshot roberts

:) I see, I have one shot gun a super-x2 that i can use steel shot from, Yep  on those Rem's an Mossy's,Browning and winchester has a O/U out thats under $1000, Hope ya ifnd a goodin,;)  Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

buckshot roberts

:) I see, I have one shot gun a super-x2 that i can use steel shot from, Yep on those Rem's an Mossy's,Browning and winchester has a O/U out thats under $1000, Hope ya ifnd a goodin,;) Ron

Tags: