Another Project Added To The Mix

Started by klallen, May 01, 2006, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klallen

Good Grief.  Had a local show here this weekend and wasn't going to walk out empty handed for the third straight show.  Always wanted one of these little CZ52's but had not seen one locally for under $200.  Got this one, 2 magazines and 100 rounds of military surplus ammo for $150.  It's in nice shape with matching numbers.  The 7.62x25 Tokarev seems like a hot little number and one that'll be fun to work with.  Threw a pic of it up with two of my .357 Sig rounds.  I kinda like the look of these bottleneck pistol rounds.  Trashed the cheapo military holster that came with it and got a nice cloth belt holster for $12.  Anyone else work with this round?  A 90 gr. XTP at 1700 fps seems like it's smoking for a little semi-auto.  Will get some components and dies on order and throw this onto an already heaping "to do" list, as far as development is concerned.  I'll never catch up.  >>  klallen

RatherBHuntin

Looks like it would make a real nice carry piece.  Looks potent enough.  Hows it handle? Should be pretty dang reliable.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

klallen

Morning RBH  >>  It's certainly a light outfit.  It feels kinda narrow in my hand.  I'm going to get one of those rubber Pachmyer wrap-around grips for it.  Just to widen a bit and give something a little more grippy to hold onto.  They sight system is basic.  No means of adjustment so I guess ya learn your point of impact with your choosen load and proceed from there.  One of the positives that I have heard about these CZ52's, even with their rather crude construction, is their dependability in action.  MY smith has been fiddling with different mounting systems on the bottom of semi-auto handgun frames for extremely small laser pointing systems.  Might see if this frame has any potential in that area.  I just need to get out and shoot the darn thing     ...     and as I'm looking out our computer room window, I see it's snowing .  Gotta love Montana  ;o)  .  Later.  >>  klallen

English

Klallen, those little numbers are intriguing.  What is the bullet diameter in inches on that thing?  (never was anygood at math)  Don't forget to let us know how it performs.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Nelsdou

When you get a chance, shoot your CZ-52 at twilight and check out the fireball that 7.62x25 produces.  Purdy impressive.  If you save your spent brass, be prepared for an excursion; the CZ slings the brass into the next county!

I had a heck of a time at first getting my CZ-52 to hit what I was aiming at until I found the right "Grip" on that narrow handle and bakelite panels.  Once you get that down, these pistols can be scary accurate.  The original 85 grain 30 caliber bullet flies fast and far.

I've loaded and shot the 90 grain XTP's and they shoot well, but at the velocities they hum along at, the terminal performance would be, well, interesting.

Some say it's possible to break the fire pin if you do an inadvertent dry fire, so I picked up an extra firing pin from J&G as insurance.  Another thing to watch for is to be easy on moving the safety to the de-cocker position if  you have a round in the chamber, as it can abruptly drop the hammer.

The CZ-52 captures that cool '50's, kinda race-into-space look.  I was watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica a while back and saw one of the lead characters whip out a CZ-52 against the bad guys. Who needs a ray-gun when you can have a CZ?

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

Tags: