Could it be?????

Started by Vermonster, March 20, 2006, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

I know there is a specific fishing forum, but this could be important enough to go here. The lake is 4 miles from my house, and if there is a multi million $$$$$ fish swimming around, it's going to be BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!! I do believe it, but it won't get certified, as you will see by the article. This lake has produced 2 or 3 of the top ten largest, so it's a very real possibility.....

12:51 p.m. March 20, 2006

SAN DIEGO – Mac Weakley of Carlsbad caught what could be the world-record largemouth bass early today at Dixon Lake in Escondido.

The bass weighed 25 pounds, 1 ounce on a hand-held scale, which – if approved – would shatter the world record, the 22-pound, 4-ounce bass caught by George W. Perry at Montgomery Lake in Georgia in 1932.

The catch will have to be approved by the International Game Fish Association.

That may be a problem, however, because Weakley said he foul-hooked the fish – meaning the hook lodged below the dorsal fin on the fish's side, not in the fish's mouth.

Weakley was fishing with his longtime friends Mike Winn and Jed Dickerson. Dickerson caught a 21-pound, 11-ounce bass at the same lake in 2003.

The men believe this is the same fish that Dickerson caught almost three years ago, and which was also caught by another fisherman as a 20-pounder in 2001. They said the fish has the same identifying black dot under its right gill plate. Weakley released the fish after taking pictures and videos of the weigh-in. But he did not take measurements of the fish, which also may be a problem when it comes to the game fish association approving it as a record catch.

gitano

San Diego county has been producing huge LM Bass for mor than 30 years.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

;) Good post, thats why I fish for food,don't get me wrong I do like to fish, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Vermonster

Well, the fish is huge, no doubt.  Not certified scales, but close to the 25 pounds, I bet.  However, it won't go in as a record.  And there are some stories coming out now.  The fish isn't in doubt, but how it was caught, etc.  Still a pig none the less, and still swimming..... ;)

gitano

This fish made the national news... on TV at 6 PM

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Vermonster

Just broke this morning that they will NOT be submitting it as a world record.  They decided that they wouldn't find it right to do that when 50 percent of the people don't want it in and think it's too controversial.

Oh well, the fish still lives, and I live 4 miles from the lake..... ;)

Hunterbug

Good for him releasing it. I think that the only ones who don't want it in are the ones that are jelous(SP) that they didn't catch it. Now Vermonster, it's your job to go catch it. ;)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: