Primitive Boar Hunting

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), March 11, 2006, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Hey group... I just found the following picture on a website.  Successful Boar hunting with an Atlatl.  Now... I wonder... if I went bear hunting...

buckshot roberts

Jay been seeing them atlatl things on ebay alot, I fer one don't know a lot about them, did see a video of how they work, and some hunters have taking it up to deer hunt with, Nice pic, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

azhdryder

I know a couple of yahoos who want to hunt Mt Lions with spears, but Im not admitting to nothing.

Nice pic, and not a bad hog either.
Amatuers talk rifles

Enthusiasts talk ammo

Professonals talk Wind

Sonwatcher

They almost opened a season for that here in Pa this year but it was recommended against. The Game Commission felt the average hunter would not be proficient enough and feared there would be a lot of wounded wildlife. However there were some commissioners that favored its passage.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: SonwatcherThe Game Commission felt the average hunter would not be proficient enough and feared there would be a lot of wounded wildlife.
You think they'd get a season for the atlatl if the hunter's would go for a proficiency test.
[/size]

Sonwatcher

The commissioners that wanted it argued that the "average hunter" is not the one that would be hunting with this but those that are already using one for sport.

Sonwatcher

It's funny though, no matter what one uses to hunt with there is a time of learning to master the weapon of choice. It would seem a great opportunity for the clubs that specialize in the atlatl to offer a course through the Game Commission for potential hunters that would like to use it.

bowhunter 51

If any of my friends caught me tot'en one of those rigs through the woods?

Well lets' just say I'd hate to have'ta face the music back at the campfire!!...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Jay Edward (deceased)

Ho, ho, ho bh51... are you trying to tell me that two large darts and a throwing stick look stranger than this:

buckshot roberts

:D :D Yep You got him on that one,:D :D
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

He...He...He...Good point Jay!...But them ole boys in camp, they'll be Just plumb
giggley about THAT dart set........They'll be a'want'n to shoot pool with'm!!......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Rodders

Anybody got a picture of this thing?

I dunno what a atlatl is?

Jay Edward (deceased)

No problem Rodders... here are a few images to show you the type of folks who like to use this type of hunting gear.

From old to young... large to small.  In one image you can see the type of 'flex' that goes with the 'dart' or spear being used.  Just like an arrow.

Hunterbug

I remember reading about them considering a atl-atl season in PA. What do they mean alot of wounded game? Exactly how many people do they think will be using these? I don't see myself using one for big game but I'll try anything for a rabbit.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

;) Jay, very good pics,

;) HB, I see what ya say'n about alot of wounded game, how many are wounded using bow or rifle ?, I'd say they just don't know how to put a season on it, like around here, the state was going to make crossbow & bow season the same until their was a big out cry from bow hunters, they are going like hotcakes on ebay, Ron

Tags: