Mystery Blackpowder Rifle

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), March 01, 2006, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

I captured this image at one point... now... I wonder who it was that put this together?  

Is it finished?  

Did he knock something down with it?

You know who you are... come out from behind that bush.

gitano

That's a nice lookin' piece. What's the caliber?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

quigleysharps4570

"Who are you!" :) Sorry...couldn't help but use that old Dennis Weaver line. :)  Would like to hear about it though.

Stryker

Jay,
That's my rifle. Here's a link to the original thread. Yes the rifle is complete, yes, it shoots very nice and yes I took it hunting this past year. I will have to report however, I unfortuneately did not see anything worth shooting this past season. So I hope to make meat with it this year. Gitano, it's a .45.

http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

Jay Edward (deceased)

Ahhhhhh Haaaaa!  The culprit finally 'fesses up.  Now... we need more pictures!  No excuses, pictures of you in the field with the smokepole is all that will be acceptable!

Now, a question:  Are you planning anymore modifications of the rifle?

Stryker

As of now I'm not planning on any more modifications to the rifle. I did pick up a .54 caliber GM drop in barrel for another project for a friend that fell thru. So if I get the notion I might install that barrel. Here are some pics of the completed rifle.
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

buckshot roberts

Hey Mark that is one fine looking rifle.;) Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: